The Two Kinds of People

tMeeker

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 10:07 am
There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who bow down to the God who created them, and those who bow down to the god they create for themselves.

And yes, even atheists and agnostics bow down to a god. They bow down to a god created and derived from nothing. They fully submit to this god, and they are slaves to it. They are the architect of their own god, the god who exhibits no qualites, except that he enslaves so many people.

You are either going to be a slave of sin, or a slave of righteouness. It's black and white. There are no gray areas.

"Life is the prerequisite required before one can die, however, it is not until one dies to themself that they realize, they have never lived."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,539 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boagie

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 10:21 am
@tMeeker,
Tmeeker,

This will take some time to digest,perhaps one of the most profound statements yet heard in these forums.I shall get back to you on this---------------------LOL!

"Life is like a box of chocolates."
0 Replies

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:00 pm
@tMeeker,
TMeeker,

As you might have imagined, I will not heap the praises that Boagie has. Don't worry, it is not you, it is my disdain for religion in general. It seems that this may stem from some of my comments concerning God and his enslavement of the human race, however, you (like DPMartin) have resorted to preachy and non-backed statements again.

First you draw a dichotomy directly from your beliefs and not from any sort of logic. If it is true that atheists and agnostics are slaves to a "god", then it is certainly the God that they feel created them, nature. At this point, you must prove the dichotomy by showing the nature of God and that we are created by him, otherwise there is no dichotomy since both are slaves to the God which they feel created them. Unfortunately, no theologian or philosopher has ever satisfactorily managed this feat.

Even this seems to be built on a faulty definition of slavery. In this instance you seem to say that we are slaves to our desires and beliefs, which of course would mean that we are slaves to ourselves. To truly demonstrate, I ask you to provide an example of someone who is not a slave as you define it.

When we get to meaningful definitions of slavery, we find that it implies control of one by another. A slave is someone who is forced to follow another's will. In that, how can a man be a slave to his own ideal? It is easily demonstrable how man is a slave to many supreme beings, but if he is at all times in control of the maintenance and expression of his God, how can he be a slave to this God?

Unless you are arguing something similar to determinism or Kuhn's description of scientific advancement, I can hardly agree less with your post.

-Those who never live, never realize it. So why live?
Dexter78

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 07:54 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
Where by your own explanation it is impossible that I could be considered a slave, a slave at least has a will, and is aware that he is being forced to act against his own intentions, against his will. He does not ignore his own consciousness. To blindly follow the will of another is to be nothing more than a leaf in a stream.
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 08:57 am
@tMeeker,
The will for us to believe that I shall not follow.
0 Replies