Evolution v Creationism

boagie

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:36 am
@Refus,
Refus,

Assumeing the truth is faith Refus,and leaves nothing for reason to do.How is it you know god's preferances if you are not he.I think we need to stay on topic.

"The earth peoples as an apple tree apples". Allen Watts
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 12:03 pm
@andykelly,
Because it is logic to not want to not want. Not even god wants that.
If god was here he would answer you that he does not want to correct our misstakes all the time. Do it yourself, he would say. I do not deserve that pain. I made you.
boagie

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
@Refus,
Refus,

It would seem we have no further ground for discussion.Have you considered putting your views forth in a biblical forum? Just a suggestion,it might prove more rewarding.----no need to reply.Between the two of us,I think we have managed to kill this thread.
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:10 pm
@andykelly,
But it was a nice theory, right?
0 Replies

Irishcop

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:42 pm
@Refus,
Refus wrote:
God must have been in a Great Hurry if he did everything in 6 days. Perhaps someone was after him Smile .

What is "a day"?
Obviously, one Earth day is 24 hours, but is the Bible refering in terms of an Earth day? Even if it is, "a day" can mean 24 hours, or it can mean an era. How often have we heard terms like, "in the day of the dinosaur", or "back in the day...."?

In Science, time is relative. It is a variable, and moreover it acts strangely according to predictions and observations in Astro-physics and Quantum Physics..
In the context of Intelligent Design, or Creationism it is similarly a variable, as the Bible says, to God a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day.
Irishcop

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 10:37 pm
@Irishcop,
I think the fundamental question is, "Does God exist?".
It's easy for a scientist to rule God out categorically, but then slippery slopes are easy by nature. To rule out God on the basis of scientific prejudice, or that they think the Bible contradicts evidence, or that its just plain too weird, would cast a similar cloud over the Event Horizon, Relativity, and Quantum mechanics, just to name a few cannons of the scientist's faith.
The pure evolutionist has the problem of time vs reducibility.

So then, logically, the question, "Does God exist?", begs for the simple answer, "Why not?".
boagie

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:42 pm
@Irishcop,
Irishcop wrote:
I think the fundamental question is, "Does God exist?".:eek:
It's easy for a scientist to rule God out categorically, but then slippery slopes are easy by nature. To rule out God on the basis of scientific prejudice, or that they think the Bible contradicts evidence, or that its just plain too weird, would cast a similar cloud over the Event Horizon, Relativity, and Quantum mechanics, just to name a few cannons of the scientist's faith.
The pure evolutionist has the problem of time vs reducibility.

So then, logically, the question, "Does God exist?", begs for the simple answer, "Why not?".

Irishcop,Smile

So logically,the question, "Does the unknown exist",begs for the simple answer, why not?-------rideing his unicorn toward the setting sun.Surprised

You ought to be ashamed of yourself Irish,you know only to well that neither relativity nor quantum machanics are held as faiths,how to keep a Christian honest?Very Happy

Irish,what's a pure evolutionist as opposed to one that's impure,and please explain time verses reducibility.Your not being slick for Christ are you--------notty notty! :eek:

Drop that cross once more and your out of this parade!
Irishcop

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:07 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Irishcop,Smile

So logically,the question, "Does the unknown exist",begs for the simple answer, why not?-------rideing his unicorn toward the setting sun.Surprised

You ought to be ashamed of yourself Irish,you know only to well that neither relativity nor quantum machanics are held as faiths,how to keep a Christian honest?Very Happy

Irish,what's a pure evolutionist as opposed to one that's impure,and please explain time verses reducibility.Your not being slick for Christ are you--------notty notty! :eek:

Drop that cross once more and your out of this parade!

I would be ashamed, if I had ever said Relativity or Quantum Mechanics were faiths. Luckily for me, I never did or I might have been cast into Schrodinger's box.
What I said was, Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, were just to name a few, cannons of the scientist's faith. Now, if you ever jumped into the predictions of either, Relativity or Quantum Mechanics and agree with the greatest minds of the 20th Century, it still takes a great leap of faith to accept the weirdness. It is most definitely a leap of faith, because not only do they defy the senses, but they are unobservable, greatly untestable, and wholly (pardon the pun) unprovable.
To top this all off, much of the predictions come from "Mind Experiments", which were series of letters, between these greatest minds, with hypothetical questions and answers.
Let me say, that they boggle the mind, but I accept the predictions to a large extent, myself. They in fact, make the concept of "God" seem very sensible; if a particle can supernaturally alter reality even retroactively, why can't a supernatural being?

On Evolution, a pure evolutionist (admittedly my term) believes life has evolved into more complex forms, over time, and at predictable rates with the exception of mutations which sometimes turns the clock up.
However, that is problematic because even mutation rates in a steady evolutionary matrix, can be predicted, and the whole baseline lacks reducibility, within the constraint of time since the formation of an environment conducive to life on Earth. Even throwing out an organism as complex as a human being from the equation doesn't help. A simple amino acid isn't reducible either.
The impure Evolutionist is, like myself, someone who believes that evolution happens, but something or Someone, has had a hand in it.
There are Atheist Scientists who also has a problem with reducibility, its not just a Christian shell game.

That does it!! Watch your ass, when I'm riding my Unicorn. Very Happy
boagie

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:17 pm
@Irishcop,
Irishcop,Smile

That is a first class response Irish thanks for the effort,I may have a question for you a little later,not entirely sure I understand but it is late right now and I must be up early. Unicorns,I always wear padding when I ride mine!:rolleyes:

The new atheist:D
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20070625/aronson
Irishcop

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:34 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Irishcop,Smile

That is a first class response Irish thanks for the effort,I may have a question for you a little later,not entirely sure I understand but it is late right now and I must be up early. Unicorns,I always wear padding when I ride mine!:rolleyes:

My mistake, I thought you rode an ass. Which is no insult, that would put you in great company.
boagie

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:59 am
@Irishcop,
Irish,none intended none taken!Smile
0 Replies