Evolution v Creationism

Aristoddler

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:34 pm
@andykelly,
What if God created man to evolve?

And is time really relvant when you're referring to something of this enormity?
0 Replies

perplexity

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:42 pm
@pilgrimshost,
pilgrimshost wrote:
Do you mean you want me to put up the infomation?

Fear not.

The failure to do so would not be a capital offence.

-- RH.
0 Replies

Ragnell

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:40 pm
@andykelly,
perplexity and pilgrimshost wrote:

There was time enough for evolution to wait for something special to happen.
I havent got all the info at hand but if the universe is supposed to be about 13.5 billion years old and one stage of evolution takes many hundreds of millions of years, and still with only a few actual 'good' mutations in this period then it would be rushed.

I posted information about that earlier (in a different thread), but I'll say it again.
With how rapidly the sun is decreasing in size (five feet per per hour every hour), should we rewind time about 20,000 years, the sun would have swallowed Earth's orbit, not to mention Venus & Mercury.
pilgrimshost

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:17 pm
@Ragnell,
It in its self is interesting, and I am a keen 'collector' of these peices of information, But whats that supposed to say about the cronological record of the Earth. Im not saying in anyway your wrong, where did you find this information? And is it possible that it may have a different result if 'we' wound back the clock 20,000 years?
0 Replies

perplexity

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:28 pm
@andykelly,
Actually, for the very latest on all that sort of stuff, and from the horses mouth, so to speak, this is the cool place to look for it:

http://www.iscid.org/boards

-- RH.
0 Replies

Aristoddler

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:56 pm
@andykelly,
Like a match that has been lit; when the match is first lit, it bursts into a large flame, and then settles into a smaller one before extinguishing.

The Sun may have had the same effect...?

So the concept that it may have been larger than the current orbit of Earth could very well be incorrect.
If not; then perhaps the orbit is affected by the gravitational pull of the Sun, expanding and contracting whenever the Sun's surface size changes...

I don't know if it is possible, but certainly something to look into.
pilgrimshost

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:17 pm
@Aristoddler,
Actually I think we may be in agreement on this one, today I was thinking about this and I wondered if that while the sun was larger than it is today, 20,000 years ago the planets may have simply been further away to compensate.
0 Replies

dane g

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 01:43 pm
@andykelly,
I need some info
So sic and tired of the same nonsense
Im looking for some "mind blowing quotes" that have to do with way way outta the box thinking, concerning the universe, space, time, etc...
dane g

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 01:43 pm
@andykelly,
u guys sound like u caN help
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:44 pm
@dane g,
dane g wrote:
I need some info
So sic and tired of the same nonsense
Im looking for some "mind blowing quotes" that have to do with way way outta the box thinking, concerning the universe, space, time, etc...
In the update of the new forum, I'm going to try to find a method of inserting quotes or having a quote section of the site.
0 Replies

boagie

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:09 am
@pilgrimshost,
Isn't it time we disarmed this thing? It is not creationism vs evolution,evolution is creationism-----------it is a no brainer.The bible people want it to be a snap-shot in time-creation in six days, while there is every indication that,evolution/creationism is an on going process.There is no conflict.To someone whom wishes a literal interpretation of the bible,just don't give them the time of day,if you do, you only dignify the absurd.
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:55 am
@andykelly,
God must have been in a Great Hurry if he did everything in 6 days. Perhaps someone was after him Smile .
boagie

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 11:01 am
@Refus,
Refus,

It sounds like you have a conspiracy theory in the works-------just kidding!! Do you have a strong belief on this issue.Most people if you give them half a chance,can get a bit of passion worked up around their own opinions/beliefs ect.What do you make of the Christian belief that the world is only six thousand years old-------------remember this is a family forum!!
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 11:30 am
@andykelly,
How about our 3D world being a prison along the fourth coordinate, and we just keep bounsing back and front on it. In reality, instead the world has an infinit amount of dimensions, and what we call 15 billion years is just 6 days in reall time or that the "parchment" was created in 6 days, a 3D parchment, with a very short time coordinate that we bounce along. Truelly then we would be a creation that took 6 days to create, but as I said, more likely has the extension 6 days. Or possibly 7 and then it just bounce, "recycled time". That's the only possibility as far as I am concerned that would make that possible.

And that is why we have weeks. Also, what is why the big bang happened. Cause that was the prison gate.

But that would be purely speculations.
boagie

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:51 pm
@Refus,
Refus.

What are you're spectulations based on? I mean what science are you introduceing here? If you provide some referance material, people might better clue into where you are coming from.I get the feeling it goes a little further than popular cosmology or popular physics---------am I mistaken?
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 01:19 pm
@andykelly,
I just tried to combine, this is the only way 7 days can be 15 billion.
boagie

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 01:40 pm
@Refus,
Refus,

Do you believe in the premises of the bible on creation?I understand Christians sometimes getting desperate and so reaching, reaching far beyond what is reasonable.What is the conclusion you have come to,that would make you desperate to form a defination or context into which this little story of creation might fit into.Sorry old chap,that does sound a little offensive,It is just that I am not sure were you stand on this issue.
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 09:08 am
@andykelly,
If you do not want to believe it, then it still is logic to not want to not want, so the very best thing would be to eliminate the option, but since you can't you wont. So you still have the dilema: Joy or pain, believe not believe.

And if you believe in that which is not true then you will fear or love more then there is. Either way you can't achieve happiness. So what's in it for you to believe or not to believe? Who says truth should be your guide? It wont make you happy.

"Truth does not make you happy cause there is no "hope of happiness" in truth"

And that's something you can quote me on.
boagie

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 09:56 am
@Refus,
Refus,

Your sounding like a mix of a buddhist and Nietzsche,processed through Heraclitus.Tell me though,what is the purpose of your understanding [not the meaning of the statement but the process of your understanding].Are you not attached to,or have an investment in the statements you have just made,or do they mean nothing in the real world.

I think we are off track temporarily though,the subject of the thread is evolution vs creationism.The nature of truth may indeed be obsure,but it is pretty much all we have to work with.The fact the you are presently trying to make a point,I think shows some investment in the truth you are trying to relate---------no?
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:16 am
@andykelly,
Asuming that something is true is better in gods point of view. Cause then you will guard yourself, instead of having god do all the things nobody wants to think about.