Walter Russell Quotes

Justin

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 11:09 pm
"Mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed."

"When our knowing exceeds our sensing, we will no longer be deceived by the illusions of our senses."

- Walter Russell
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,649 • Replies: 10
No top replies

l0ck

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:35 pm
@Justin,
wow
Brilliant
and intense
i like it
0 Replies

boagie

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:58 pm
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
"Mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed."

"When our knowing exceeds our sensing, we will no longer be deceived by the illusions of our senses."

- Walter Russell

Hi Justin

When does knowing exceed our sensing,our perception,this is pretentious unless you have an explaination.It reminds me of a quote,to the effect,"I believe that I might understand",which I thought pretentious as well.Are you talking about intution--------no,your not are you.If there is a rational explaination I am all ears.
Justin

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:18 am
@Justin,
Knowing and sensing are different things. Man is deceived by the illusion of our senses rather than the knowing of our spirit. Does that make better sense? We see, hear, taste, touch and smell and we are often limited by our senses, just as science is limited by the 5 senses.

Russell described it all in great detail that is sometimes hard to understand if you haven't the scientific knowledge that he had. Once you start reading Russell, you'll get a better idea of what he meant. I do recommend reading his works.
boagie

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:41 am
@Justin,
Justin,Smile

Yes,I quite agree,the senses are not only enabling but also limiting.Your right again I do not understand the essence of your statement,and the only way it seems for me to understand is to do the said reading.Could you pinpoint this proposition for me?
linux user

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 06:34 pm
@boagie,
One of my all-time Walter Russell quotes is contained within my signature.

Lacking God's Fulcrum, this discussion (and all others on this site), would be an Impossibility....
0 Replies

rado

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 06:17 am
@boagie,
boagie wrote:

When does knowing exceed our sensing...

I think you'll know when it does...
proV

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:00 am
@rado,
"Faith and belief are the shield of ignorance." (from Divine Illiad I)
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 05:02 pm
@Justin,
Justin;1763 wrote:
“Mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed.”

What egoic BS! And just as 'harmful' as the lie in Amerikka that if you are not 'rich and successful' it is just because you don't work hard enough (lazy and shiftless, 'bad'), or there is just something 'wrong' with you; a horrible and hurtful egocentric judgemental lie!

Quote:
“When our knowing exceeds our sensing, we will no longer be deceived by the illusions of our senses.” - Walter Russell

More confused BS, also known as 'bumpersticker intellishit'! Sounds 'intelligent' but is 'bullsh!t' upon thoughtful examination!
When we 'believe' nothing, we will no longer be 'deceived' by anything. 'Knowing' and 'sensing' are so interrelated and nebulously tied to emotion, thought, feeling, egoic identification, 'belief', psychological processes, etc... as to be meaningless in this context.

Surely he has 'better' quotes (understanding) than these?
Peace phil

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 01:27 pm
@nameless,
Well, I wouldn't call them bs. (which is quite a strong word)
We must always be aware, that we are not enlightened yet. Our "picture" of the truth is still forever changing day by day. So, is it not even for the brain logical, that our current today picture of the truth has to be wrong?
This at least is my opinion, and it helped me a lot to get much more tolerant in respect to the truths of others.

Quote:
When we 'believe' nothing, we will no longer be 'deceived' by anything. 'Knowing' and 'sensing' are so interrelated and nebulously tied to emotion, thought, feeling, egoic identification, 'belief', psychological processes, etc... as to be meaningless in this context.

Well, this citation is based on the Russell cosmogony, and there it well makes sense. If this cosmogony doesn't fit your current truth, you will certainly not agree. But as I said before, this doesn't necessarily mean, that it isn't the truth.

Let me cite something more of Dr. Maybe it helps shedding some light on this matter:

Quote:
Remember this - never for a moment forget it - that Mind controls motion and desire of Mind furnishes the power to motivate motion. The troubles of man arise from the fact that matter and motion control him. His inability to recognize the fact that the sensations caused by the motion of matter will dominate him and lead him toward a selfish, greedy life of seeking unreal possessions whereas a mental existence will dominate those sensations to his everlasting glory.

Walter Russell, The Self-Multiplication Principle, p28

IMHO, knowing is related to the still mind universe, while thinking creates and relates to the sensed matter universe of time. Here's another short citation about this subject:

Quote:
That is the way it always comes - suddenly - for all inspired conceptions are timeless. Knowledge is a quality of the undivided Mind universe in which there is not time. Thoughts of Mind, however, take time for thoughts are divided waves and waves are synchronized with the Universal heartbeat which creates the idea of time.

Walter Russell, Genius Inherent in Everyone, p44
Peace phil

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 03:56 am
@Peace phil,
I also like this part, as it simply states, what's the matter with current science:

Quote:
Science Has Little Knowledge of Cause

While learning the HOW, we have never learned the WHY or WHAT. That is why science today has so little knowledge of CAUSE. It produces effects but cannot tell the WHY of those effects.
The greatest living scientists do not know what electricity is; nor can they define gravitation, magnetism, light, life, energy, nor the construction of matter. Their theories in these respects are but wild guesses which are so often changed that scientific textbooks become obsolete in a few years. For that reason the world of today is well informed with observed effects and skills in the use of materials, but has practically no knowledge.
Effects of motion cannot be known because they are transient, changing, evanescent things. They can but be comprehended. Knowledge lies in CAUSE, and until we know cause in the why of things, we have no knowledge.

Walter Russell, Genius Inherent in Everyone, p9
0 Replies