DVD drive question

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 03:45 pm
I have a dvd+/-r/w/ram lablelflash DVD drive labeled drive D on my computer I downloaded ashampoo cd/DVD burner software. when I put a DVD-rw in the drive I have no problem initializing the cd and transferring files to the cd. even music files and wav files transfer to the DVD-rw. However when I put in a cd-rw the computer slows down and after about 2 minutes the ashampoo software requester pops up and says there's no disk in the drive. Why is my DVD drive not recognizing my cd-rw cd? I am using windows 7 and windows explorer
Bill
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,086 • Replies: 5
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 06:26 pm
@willkat103,
- Make sure you are finalizing the disk.
- If you are doing that, put it in another computer to see if the disk is working correctly. If it isn't, something is up with your burning process. Try another program to burn a disk. I think W7 has something built in.
- If it works correctly on the other computer, burn a disk on another computer and load it on yours. If that loads ok, then it's not just CD-rw disks causing the problem.
- If it still doesn't load correctly, disable your software and try to use the built in Windows software.

talk72000

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:34 pm
@willkat103,
I had the same problem. I think CD-RW are Roxio software specific. You either have to format or go to a public library computer that uses Roxio and read/write there. If you format your CD-RW the Xonio might not recognize it so you can CD-erase it at the library and only then can you use it in the public library computer. Your home computer will be able to read the CD-RW as read-only.
0 Replies

willkat103

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:39 am
@engineer,
Its a brand new disk that Im inserting into the dvd drive theres no info to finalize the dvd wont recognize the new cd-rw disk so I cant initilize either
0 Replies

willkat103

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:41 am
@engineer,
Itywont recognize the cd-rw so I cant format it either
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 02:06 pm
The public library usually uses Roxio enabled CD-RW burner and DVD reader. The public library computer would be able to read it and write to it whatever you download from the Internet.
0 Replies