Comcast Cable Problem

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:28 pm
I've had Comcast Digital for seven years now and still do. For the last two weeks I have been getting numerous calls about returning my equipment to any Comcast payment center or I could be fined $500. I still have an active account and I'm on the automatic payment program, they debit my checking account. The friggen idiot at Comcast I was talking to said the only thing he could do is put me on the do not call list at Comcast. I don't know what good that will do. I want the problem fixed! Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 4,956 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:36 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Do they say why they want you to return the equipment? Maybe what they want is to upgrade it and can't do so until you bring the old stuff in to swap it out.

The guy from Comcast, was this someone you independently called and spoke to or was it the person on the phone representing themselves to be from Comcast?

As with your bank email the other day, verify the information independently by calling a known phone number for Comcast and ask them to explain the request for the equipment.

If you are getting numerous calls about it, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a Comcast competitor (such as Dish Network or Direct TV) trying to get the more vulnerable and naive Comcast customers to turn in their equipment.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:42 pm
Sometimes during the course of my life I feel empathy for people and now, more than ever, I feel Victor's pain. And I suffer. I cry.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:42 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Victor Murphy wrote:
The friggen idiot at Comcast I was talking to said the only thing he could do is put me on the do not call list at Comcast.

You need to speak to a higher level idiot. Call them back and demand to speak with the senior idiot on duty.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:43 pm
Idiots are everywhere and usually in places you would rather not see them.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
They wanted me to return the equipment because the caller said that i no longer have service. I still have service and was watching TV this morning. My bill is paid automatically from my checking account!
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 12:54 pm
Vic, the only thing I can do right now is to give you a hug. OK? C'mer, big guy!
Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 01:14 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
OK! Gus!
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 01:16 pm
@rosborne979,
He had to be an idiot he knew my name was Joseph but kept calling me mam!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 01:43 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Then either hang up on the caller next time or call your local Comcast people and ask them to verify that your account is current.
panzade

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 02:34 pm
I often pay my bill in person at the local Comcast ofice.
It got so crazy in there that they hired a security guard. People can go ballistic in there.
Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 02:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
My account is current. Here is a screen shot from their website!
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2650/comcast.jpg
Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 02:38 pm
@panzade,
Comcast closed a payment office a few blocks away from me, about two years ago!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 03:23 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Then it is either a scam by a competitor (to which your Comcast folks would probably love to be alerted) or there is a typo in some Comcast collection representative's data sheet that has your phone number associated with the account of someone else.

A phone call to your local Comcast folks will solve both problems.

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 05:20 pm
@Butrflynet,
A phone call to your local Comcast folks will solve both problems

Thats just what I was trying to do but they had me pushing button after buton and no one seemed to know what to do! The last rep that I talked too said he would put my number on a do not call list!
0 Replies