Special education testing and assessment

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:20 am
I am asking this question out of sheer frustration but with the utmost sincerity.

What kind of testing/evaluation is a public school looking for?

Here's what we've had done:

Evaluation done by Child Development and Rehabilitation Clinic of Dorenbecher Children's Hospital.

Complete medical history, personal history, behavioral history
Behavior Assessment System for Children 2nd Edition (BASC2)
Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Functioning (BRIEF)
Conner's Parent Rating Scales-Revised (L) (CPRS-R: L)
Stanford Binet Intelligence Scales, 5th Edition (SB5)
Review of avalilable records

Despite this the school keeps ignoring the results of this testing and pressing for us to do another evaluation. BUT THEY WON'T TELL US WHAT THEY NEED/WANT/REQUIRE. And yes, I've asked "What tests do you need?" and "Where do you recommend we have them done?"

I'm guessing it must be against the rules for them to tell us and against the rules for them to tell us why they won't tell us. Or something.

So please, if you know, could you tell me:

What kind of testing do the schools need/want/require?

What kind of test will they pay attention to?

Where does one go to get this testing done?

Thank you for any help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 5,520 • Replies: 53
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:32 am
I neglected to mention that testing was also done by an occupational therapist on fine and gross motor skills and sensory intergration.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:04 pm
@boomerang,
What's the name of the school district? With that info, I may be able to do some searching and see if there are any clues stated anywhere in their online documents.
djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:06 pm
@boomerang,
if the school proper won't answer the question, try the school board, or the local department of education
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:07 pm
@Butrflynet,
The Portland, Oregon public school district.

I can't believe this information is so hard to find! I think the teachers are prevented from referring to any doctor and that's why I'm not getting any help there. I can understand that. But it seems the district would have some kind of information for people trying to navigate the system. If they do, I can't find it though.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:13 pm
@boomerang,
your question(s) should be addressed by the IEP.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:17 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
I can't believe this information is so hard to find! I think the teachers are prevented from referring to any doctor and that's why I'm not getting any help there. I can understand that. But it seems the district would have some kind of information for people trying to navigate the system. If they do, I can't find it though.
any day now you will see why I advised that you look for parents in your situation, who have already done the work, who have already figured out the path past the roadblocks that the system puts up against parents who fight for their kids needs. The district is not going to help you cost them money that they don't have.

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm in contact with lots of people who face the same situation and nobody else can figure it out either!

I thought I'd done exactly what I was supposed to do -- exactly what everyone said to do -- testing and assessment but it still doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

My question to them is simple:

What more information do you need?

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:30 pm
@boomerang,
I'll start posting some links. You tell me if they are sites that you've already looked at.

http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=1163

The Oregon Standard IEP, which includes a Part A: Guidelines for Completion, and a Part B: Oregon Standard IEP form has been revised to comply with IDEA 2004 and the federal regulations. Revisions also include additional enhancements to the both the IEP guidelines and form. ODE now provides a standard IEP for students age 15 or younger when the IEP is in effect; and a standard IEP for students age 16 and older when the IEP is in effect (for students of transition age).

All IEPs developed on or after July 1, 2007 must be developed using one of the revised Oregon Standard IEP’s posted below, or an ODE approved alternate (ORS 343.151).

(See link for chart)

Under Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 581-015-2215, all districts and ESDs in Oregon must use the Oregon Standard IEP form, unless they have applied for and been granted approval for use of an alternate IEP form by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE). Consult Guidelines for Alternate IEP Form MS-Word for details and timelines for the 2010-2011 submission and approval process. The following changes to the Standard IEP form do NOT require ODE approval as an alternate IEP form:

* Adding items to the demographic information (e.g. the addition of disability codes, parent address, or similar items);
* Variance in the form layout (e.g. more spacing, additional lines, varying from landscape to portrait)

Here's the link to the alternate IEP form mentioned above:

http://www.ode.state.or.us/pubs/forms/iep/alternateiepguide.doc

There is a contact listed on that website that you might try getting more details from:

Contacts

* David Guardino - Special Education Monitoring, Systems, & Outcomes - Monitoring Unit Lead Worker
Email [email protected]
(503) 947-5811

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:33 pm
@dyslexia,
You'd think so, right?

At the IEPs they nod their heads their heads like they get it then at the end of each year it's the same old song and dance about testing.

I'm at my wit's end.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:34 pm
@boomerang,
and at the end of each year, they are closer to having you be someone else's problem.

no solution is their solution.

on your dime.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:37 pm
@boomerang,
have you been at places like the following, and tried their advise??

Quote:
I have a 13 year old son with moderate Autism and we have lived in Portland Oregon all of his life. I can tell you that the early intervention programs (preschool age) here in Portland are great! However, due to budgets and skill levels we have found getting the propper care for our son in school has been a fight through and through. If you move to Porland there are options of other school disticts for instance, Gresham /Barlow District, David Douglas district, Clackamas etc. All of these districts are within a small are around Portland.
We have been through Portland and David Douglas, both were not exactly set up to help in the best way.
So far our options have been to either have our son in a "life skills center" that is for severely challenged children that need to learn simple life skills, or there is a mainstream program where the kids get minimal help (depending on the budget) with aids as the children attend regular classes. My son is in the latter.
I would recommend getting a hold of Multnomah County Disability Services and sign up with a caseworker who will help you advocate the best possible care for your child. They can assist in the IEP meetings and enforce your requests.
I wish you all the luck, it is a hard road, but if you stay active and proactive, you can get the help your child deserves.
Don't be afraid to be the squeaky wheel!
Good Luck

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/portland/384411-special-education-autism-portland.html#ixzz0piqFc0oh
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:37 pm
@boomerang,
push any issue you want at the IEP, it's legally binding.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
I found this as a cached page from an Oregon Education Law Attorney's website. I can't seem to find it on their current site so they may have changed it. In any case, the info on the page is helpful. Here's a link to it. I'll also paste the content in case the link doesn't work or the cached version disappears.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bnZwF1Bajs4J:www.shelleyfullerlaw.com/PracticeAreas/Education-Law.asp+Portland,+Oregon+public+school+district+Individualized+Education+Program&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Education Law
Oregon Education Law Attorneys

Representing Parents and Children in Public Schools

At Shelley L. Fuller & Associates, Attorneys at Law, our lawyers are committed to improving the educational standards for students in public schools. We assist parents and children in the following:

Preparing for Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings
* Defending the educational rights of students with disabilities or special needs
* Defending the constitutional rights of students in public education
* Defending or negotiating with school districts for expelled or suspended students
* Defending students against discrimination and sexual harassment
* Providing information about school law

To talk to one of our education law attorneys, contact us online or call us at 503-626-1808.

The Individuals With Disabilities Education Act - IDEA

The Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a federally funded law which requires every school district to identify, locate and evaluate children with disabilities. If a child is evaluated and found to have a qualifying disability that is adversely impacting his/her ability to learn, the school district may be required to provide the child with special programs and services to address the child's special needs. These programs may include speech and language therapy and physical therapy.

Services through the IDEA are accomplished through an Individual Education Program (IEP) for the child.

Individualized Education Programs - IEP

The federal government requires that each child receiving special education (or similar services) has an Individualized Education Program, or IEP. The purpose of an IEP is to allow parents, educators and administrators to work together to improve the standard of education for the disabled child.

A typical IEP meeting will involve education administrators, teachers, parents and, in some cases, the child. Many factors are considered when developing the IEP, including report cards, progress reports, teachers' recommendations, parents' recommendations and more.

Preparing for IEP Meetings

IEP meetings are a critical part of the process of determining what services a child will receive from their school district to address the child's educational needs. Parents should be aware of the federal and state laws that mandate special education. They should also be prepared to challenge any decision made that is not in their child's best interest.

Our attorneys have experience working with parents in preparing for IEP meetings. Contact us online or call us at 503-626-1808 to schedule a meeting with one of our lawyers.

Section 504

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 applies to employers and organizations which receive federal funding. This includes any school, college or university that receives federal funding for its students or programs. Section 504 protects qualified individuals from discrimination based solely on their handicap.

If you believe that you may be qualified to receive an accommodation pursuant to Section 504 at your learning institution, Contact us online or call us at 503-626-1808 to schedule a meeting with one of our lawyers.

Located in Beaverton, Oregon and proudly serving the tri-county area including Washington County, Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Columbia County and the cities of Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard, Portland, Oregon City, Tualatin, Lake Oswego, Clackamas, Wilsonville, St Helens and Scappoose
Print this page

Office: 6700 SW 105th Ave, Suite 104 : Beaverton, OR 97008 : 503-626-1808-Tel 503-646-1128-Fax : Email Us
DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
What more information do you need?

Why, they want you to keep testing until you get the result they want. Then they can shuffle Mo off into Special Ed and he becomes Someone Else's Problem.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:49 pm
@boomerang,
Seriously, though, is there a school psychologist?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:54 pm
boomer, so sorry I responded to your question, please ignore my responses, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:00 pm
@dyslexia,
You want us to take you seriously for once?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:19 pm
Lots of info here. I'll quote some excerpts that look helpful:

http://ed.gov/parents/needs/speced/iepguide/index.html

Quote:
Step 1. Child is identified as possibly needing special education and related services.

"Child Find." The state must identify, locate, and evaluate all children with disabilities in the state who need special education and related services. To do so, states conduct "Child Find" activities. A child may be identified by "Child Find," and parents may be asked if the "Child Find" system can evaluate their child. Parents can also call the "Child Find" system and ask that their child be evaluated. Or "

Referral or request for evaluation. A school professional may ask that a child be evaluated to see if he or she has a disability. Parents may also contact the child's teacher or other school professional to ask that their child be evaluated. This request may be verbal or in writing. Parental consent is needed before the child may be evaluated. Evaluation needs to be completed within a reasonable time after the parent gives consent.

2 Step 2. Child is evaluated.

The evaluation must assess the child in all areas related to the child's suspected disability. The evaluation results will be used to decide the child's eligibility for special education and related services and to make decisions about an appropriate educational program for the child. If the parents disagree with the evaluation, they have the right to take their child for an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE). They can ask that the school system pay for this IEE.

3 Step 3. Eligibility is decided.

A group of qualified professionals and the parents look at the child's evaluation results. Together, they decide if the child is a "child with a disability," as defined by IDEA. Parents may ask for a hearing to challenge the eligibility decision.

4 Step 4. Child is found eligible for services.

If the child is found to be a "child with a disability," as defined by IDEA, he or she is eligible for special education and related services. Within 30 calendar days after a child is determined eligible, the IEP team must meet to write an IEP for the child.

5Step 5. IEP meeting is scheduled.

The school system schedules and conducts the IEP meeting. School staff must:

* contact the participants, including the parents;
* notify parents early enough to make sure they have an opportunity to attend;
* schedule the meeting at a time and place agreeable to parents and the school;
* tell the parents the purpose, time, and location of the meeting;
* tell the parents who will be attending; and
* tell the parents that they may invite people to the meeting who have knowledge or special expertise about the child.

6 Step 6. IEP meeting is held and the IEP is written.

The IEP team gathers to talk about the child's needs and write the student's IEP. Parents and the student (when appropriate) are part of the team. If the child's placement is decided by a different group, the parents must be part of that group as well.

Before the school system may provide special education and related services to the child for the first time, the parents must give consent. The child begins to receive services as soon as possible after the meeting.

If the parents do not agree with the IEP and placement, they may discuss their concerns with other members of the IEP team and try to work out an agreement. If they still disagree, parents can ask for mediation, or the school may offer mediation. Parents may file a complaint with the state education agency and may request a due process hearing, at which time mediation must be available.

7 Step 7. Services are provided.

The school makes sure that the child's IEP is being carried out as it was written. Parents are given a copy of the IEP. Each of the child's teachers and service providers has access to the IEP and knows his or her specific responsibilities for carrying out the IEP. This includes the accommodations, modifications, and supports that must be provided to the child, in keeping with the IEP.

8 Step 8. Progress is measured and reported to parents.

The child's progress toward the annual goals is measured, as stated in the IEP. His or her parents are regularly informed of their child's progress and whether that progress is enough for the child to achieve the goals by the end of the year. These progress reports must be given to parents at least as often as parents are informed of their nondisabled children's progress.

9 Step 9. IEP is reviewed.

The child's IEP is reviewed by the IEP team at least once a year, or more often if the parents or school ask for a review. If necessary, the IEP is revised. Parents, as team members, must be invited to attend these meetings. Parents can make suggestions for changes, can agree or disagree with the IEP goals, and agree or disagree with the placement.

If parents do not agree with the IEP and placement, they may discuss their concerns with other members of the IEP team and try to work out an agreement. There are several options, including additional testing, an independent evaluation, or asking for mediation (if available) or a due process hearing. They may also file a complaint with the state education agency.

10 Step 10. Child is reevaluated.

At least every three years the child must be reevaluated. This evaluation is often called a "triennial." Its purpose is to find out if the child continues to be a "child with a disability," as defined by IDEA, and what the child's educational needs are. However, the child must be reevaluated more often if conditions warrant or if the child's parent or teacher asks for a new evaluation.

Quote:

5. Contents of the IEP

By law, the IEP must include certain information about the child and the educational program designed to meet his or her unique needs. In a nutshell, this information is:

* Current performance. The IEP must state how the child is currently doing in school (known as present levels of educational performance). This information usually comes from the evaluation results such as classroom tests and assignments, individual tests given to decide eligibility for services or during reevaluation, and observations made by parents, teachers, related service providers, and other school staff. The statement about "current performance" includes how the child's disability affects his or her involvement and progress in the general curriculum.

* Participation in state and district-wide tests. Most states and districts give achievement tests to children in certain grades or age groups. The IEP must state what modifications in the administration of these tests the child will need. If a test is not appropriate for the child, the IEP must state why the test is not appropriate and how the child will be tested instead.

6. Additional State and School-System Content

States and school systems have a great deal of flexibility about the information they require in an IEP. Some states and school systems have chosen to include in the IEP additional information to document their compliance with other state and federal requirements. (Federal law requires that school districts maintain documentation to demonstrate their compliance with federal requirements.) Generally speaking, extra elements in IEPs may be included to document that the state or school district has met certain aspects of federal or state law, such as:

* holding the meeting to write, review and, if necessary, revise a child's IEP in a timely manner;
* providing parents with a copy of the procedural safeguards they have under the law;
* placing the child in the least restrictive environment; and
* obtaining the parents' consent.

Quote:
Another important member of the IEP team is the individual who can interpret what the child's evaluation results mean in terms of designing appropriate instruction. The evaluation results are very useful in determining how the child is currently doing in school and what areas of need the child has. This IEP team member must be able to talk about the instructional implications of the child's evaluation results, which will help the team plan appropriate instruction to address the child's needs.

Quote:
The IEP team may also include additional individuals with knowledge or special expertise about the child. The parent or the school system can invite these individuals to participate on the team. Parents, for example, may invite an advocate who knows the child, a professional with special expertise about the child and his or her disability, or others (such as a vocational educator who has been working with the child) who can talk about the child's strengths and/or needs. The school system may invite one or more individuals who can offer special expertise or knowledge about the child, such as a paraprofessional or related services professional. Because an important part of developing an IEP is considering a child's need for related services (see the list of related services in the box on the previous page), related service professionals are often involved as IEP team members or participants. They share their special expertise about the child's needs and how their own professional services can address those needs. Depending on the child's individual needs, some related service professionals attending the IEP meeting or otherwise helping to develop the IEP might include occupational or physical therapists, adaptive physical education providers, psychologists, or speech-language pathologists.

When an IEP is being developed for a student of transition age, representatives from transition service agencies can be important participants. (See the box below for more information about transition.) Whenever a purpose of meeting is to consider needed transition services, the school must invite a representative of any other agency that is likely to be responsible for providing or paying for transition services. This individual can help the team plan any transition services the student needs. He or she can also commit the resources of the agency to pay for or provide needed transition services. If he or she does not attend the meeting, then the school must take alternative steps to obtain the agency's participation in the planning of the student's transition services.

Quote:
8. Writing the IEP

To help decide what special education and related services the student needs, generally the IEP team will begin by looking at the child's evaluation results, such as classroom tests, individual tests given to establish the student's eligibility, and observations by teachers, parents, paraprofessionals, related service providers, administrators, and others. This information will help the team describe the student's "present levels of educational performance" -in other words, how the student is currently doing in school. Knowing how the student is currently performing in school will help the team develop annual goals to address those areas where the student has an identified educational need.

The IEP team must also discuss specific information about the child. This includes:

* the child's strengths;
* the parents' ideas for enhancing their child's education;
* the results of recent evaluations or reevaluations; and
* how the child has done on state and district-wide tests.

In addition, the IEP team must consider the "special factors" described in the box below.

It is important that the discussion of what the child needs be framed around how to help the child:

* advance toward the annual goals;
* be involved in and progress in the general curriculum;
* participate in extracurricular and nonacademic activities; and
* be educated with and participate with other children with disabilities and nondisabled children.

Based on the above discussion, the IEP team will then write the child's IEP. This includes the services and supports the school will provide for the child. If the IEP team decides that a child needs a particular device or service (including an intervention, accommodation, or other program modification), the IEP team must write this information in the IEP. As an example, consider a child whose behavior interferes with learning. The IEP team would need to consider positive and effective ways to address that behavior. The team would discuss the positive behavioral interventions, strategies, and supports that the child needs in order to learn how to control or manage his or her behavior. If the team decides that the child needs a particular service (including an intervention, accommodation, or other program modification), they must include a statement to that effect in the child's IEP.

Special Factors To Consider

Depending on the needs of the child, the IEP team needs to consider what the law calls special factors. These include:

* If the child’s behavior interferes with his or her learning or the learning of others, the IEP team will consider strategies and supports to address the child’s behavior.

* If the child has limited proficiency in English, the IEP team will consider the child’s language needs as these needs relate to his or her IEP.

* If the child is blind or visually impaired, the IEP team must provide for instruction in Braille or the use of Braille, unless it determines after an appropriate evaluation that the child does not need this instruction.

* If the child has communication needs, the IEP team must consider those needs.

* If the child is deaf or hard of hearing, the IEP team will consider his or her language and communication needs. This includes the child’s opportunities to communicate directly with classmates and school staff in his or her usual method of communication (for example, sign language).

* The IEP team must always consider the child’s need for assistive technology devices or services.

For more information about these special factors, see §300.346.

Quote:
12. Reviewing and Revising the IEP

The IEP team must review the child's IEP at least once a year. One purpose of this review is to see whether the child is achieving his or her annual goals. The team must revise the child's individualized education program, if necessary, to address:

* the child's progress or lack of expected progress toward the annual goals and in the general curriculum;
* information gathered through any reevaluation of the child;
* information about the child that the parents share;
* information about the child that the school shares (for example, insights from the teacher based on his or her observation of the child or the child's classwork);
* the child's anticipated needs; or
* other matters.

Although the IDEA requires this IEP review at least once a year, in fact the team may review and revise the IEP more often. Either the parents or the school can ask to hold an IEP meeting to revise the child's IEP. For example, the child may not be making progress toward his or her IEP goals, and his or her teacher or parents may become concerned. On the other hand, the child may have met most or all of the goals in the IEP, and new ones need to be written. In either case, the IEP team would meet to revise the IEP.

Look at Those Factors Again!

When the IEP team is meeting to conduct a review of the child’s IEP and, as necessary, to revise it, members must again consider all of the factors discussed on page 11. This includes:

* the child’s strengths,
* the parents’ ideas for enhancing their child’s education,
* the results of recent evaluations or reevaluations, and
* how the child has done on state and district-wide tests.

The IEP team must also consider the "special factors," as listed earlier.

Quote:
13. What If Parents Don't Agree With the IEP?

There are times when parents may not agree with the school's recommendations about their child's education. Under the law, parents have the right to challenge decisions about their child's eligibility, evaluation, placement, and the services that the school provides to the child. If parents disagree with the school's actions-or refusal to take action-in these matters, they have the right to pursue a number of options. They may do the following:

* Try to reach an agreement. Parents can talk with school officials about their concerns and try to reach an agreement. Sometimes the agreement can be temporary. For example, the parents and school can agree to try a plan of instruction or a placement for a certain period of time and see how the student does.

* Ask for mediation. During mediation, the parents and school sit down with someone who is not involved in the disagreement and try to reach an agreement. The school may offer mediation, if it is available as an option for resolving disputes prior to due process.

* Ask for due process. During a due process hearing, the parents and school personnel appear before an impartial hearing officer and present their sides of the story. The hearing officer decides how to solve the problem. (Note: Mediation must be available at least at the time a due process hearing is requested.)

* File a complaint with the state education agency. To file a complaint, generally parents write directly to the SEA and say what part of IDEA they believe the school has violated. The agency must resolve the complaint within 60 calendar days. An extension of that time limit is permitted only if exceptional circumstances exist with respect to the complaint.

Quote:

Western Regional Resource Center (WRRC)
1268 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1268
(541) 346-5641; (541) 346-0367 (TTY)
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: interact.uoregon.edu/wrrc/wrrc.html

Serving: Alaska, American Samoa, California, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated states of Micronesia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Republic of Palau, and Washington.

Quote:
§ 300.349 Private school placements by public agencies.

(a) Developing IEPs. (1) Before a public agency places a child with a disability in, or refers a child to, a private school or facility, the agency shall initiate and conduct a meeting to develop an IEP for the child in accordance with §§ 300.346 and 300.347.

(2) The agency shall ensure that a representative of the private school or facility attends the meeting. If the representative cannot attend, the agency shall use other methods to ensure participation by the private school or facility, including individual or conference telephone calls.

(b) Reviewing and revising IEPs. (1) After a child with a disability enters a private school or facility, any meetings to review and revise the child's IEP may be initiated and conducted by the private school or facility at the discretion of the public agency.

(2) If the private school or facility initiates and conducts these meetings, the public agency shall ensure that the parents and an agency representative-

(i) Are involved in any decision about the child's IEP; and

(ii) Agree to any proposed changes in the IEP before those changes are implemented.

(c) Responsibility. Even if a private school or facility implements a child's IEP, responsibility for compliance with this part remains with the public agency and the SEA.

(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1412(a)(10)(B))

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:29 pm
Here's a copy of the Oregon Department of Education STANDARD INDIVIDUALIZED EDUCATION PROGRAM (IEP)
Part A: GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETION
FOR STUDENTS AGE 15 OR YOUNGER WHEN IEP IS IN EFFECT

It is a 17-page document and a pdf file so you'll need Adobe Reader to view it:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CB0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ode.state.or.us%2Fpubs%2Fforms%2Fiep%2F15oryounger.pdf&ei=Ea8GTJmmM4nKM6y7-aUJ&usg=AFQjCNH-Z-hQ1LHLnfKtAfWelLjJuVmqpw&sig2=0e0IeJ_PQ80ZgK-WZqkOpQ

On the form is a list of disability codes for them to use when categorizing a student. Perhaps that is the targeted testing they are desiring.

It includes 10 pages of guidelines that are pretty much the same as outlined at the federal site I linked to previously.
0 Replies