Tools needed to study for PSAT

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 04:03 pm
I have a BA in Political Science and Literature and will be using lateral entry. Once I pass the PSAT, I intend to test for special needs which is what I want to teach. I have been told different things by different people. After I receive licensure after each test I have 3 years to complete any credits needed to acquire my degree. There is a lot of studying involved and I want to make sure I am covering everything possible. I have been told I will probably not pass the first time. I have been told I should be studying 2-3 hrs. a day for at least three months. Every PSAT studying Guide is supposedly the best. If I have a weak area, the supplemental materials will be helpful.
This is some of what I have been told. I have no problem putting in the time necessary but I am no spring chicken. I do not have time to waste. If I do not pass the first time I will study harder. I just want to make sure I am studying everything I need to. I know school systems are different. I live in Fayetteville, NC - Cumberland County School System. I will appreciate any help you can give and thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 899 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 04:58 pm
@crickette,
The PSAT is preliminary to the SAT, which helps to get you into college. If you have a BA, you don't need to take it.
https://www.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt
crickette

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 11:00 pm
@jespah,
I need to take the PSAT b/c I am using lateral entry to enter the education field
0 Replies