Pictures

Mame

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:10 am
So did I tell you I got my engagement ring made? Finally got it Apr 29, then lost it (misplaced) on May 11 - here's a picture of it. I was sick to my stomach for a couple of days and I hunted high and low, even had my son (next pic, with a puck to the eye) come and take my trap apart or whatever he did...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/IMG_1000.jpg

Son Joel:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/IMG_1046.jpg

And here's my daughter with her littlest one, Camille:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/IMG_0821.jpg

And Camille again: - don't you just love that hair? lol

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/IMG_0817.jpg

And Lucy:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camp%20Shots/IMG_0790.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 3,493 • Replies: 30
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:19 am
Cant half tell she's your daughter mame. Looks just like your avitar.

Did you find the ring?
Mame

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:30 am
@dadpad,
No. ****. ****. ****. But Alex is going home June 22 for 5 days and he'll look for it. I have no clue where it is. It wouldn't have fallen off, I wouldn't have taken it off - I noticed it was gone in the shower, which is why I asked Joel to do whatever it is plumbers do, but it wasn't there. Sad(((((( The only good thing is it is insured, but that's small consolation.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:42 am
Oh no! I loved that ring, too!
Tell him to keep looking!

Reminds me of a couple of years back when my cousin gave me the original "Eva's" ring. (Eva was her mother, my aunt...see profile.) The ring contained old family diamonds. Absolutely irreplaceable. I was frantic when I lost it. Six months later, Hubby found it lodged in a weird corner under the seat of my car. An accidental find...wasn't looking for it.

I hope yours resurfaces, too.
Reyn

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:48 am
@Mame,
Sorry to read about your ring. Hope you find it!

Great pics!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 08:40 am
I'm sure we'll find it; I just can't figure out how I lost it.

Eva, that gives me hope!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:15 pm
@Mame,
The ring will be found, Mame. I confidently predict when you stop looking for it. That's the way these things go. Wink

Thank you for the photographs. What a fine looking bunch you are! Very Happy
Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 04:22 am
@msolga,
I sure hope we find it, msolga. I love the pics of the grandkids - love Lucy's smile Smile Thank you.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 05:37 am
My wife takes her engagement ring off when she washes dishes so have your plumber check ALL the U bends, kitchen sink. bathroom vanity. Laundry Check pockets of outer wear, overcoats, pants pockets shirt pockets. u bend on the wash machine hose.
I once found a diamond ring when i was drycleaning an overcoat. The woman was so greatful as she had lost it a number of years before.

The woman had tried to claim on insurance however was denied the claim as she couldnt remember where she had lost it. I said WTF? If you could remeber where you lost the ring it wouldnt be lost!.
Anyhow what had happened was she had taken the ring off and placed it in her pocket, the pocket had a small hole in it and the ring (murphies law) slipped through the hole and ended up inside the lining.
So perhaps you should give your clothing a shake then check the hems.

Mumpad suggests looking in gloves as she had a ring come off in gloves.
(Probably not cold enough for gloves in April May says I Gardening gloves? washing up gloves)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 05:48 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:
Oh no! I loved that ring, too!
Tell him to keep looking!

Reminds me of a couple of years back when my cousin gave me the original "Eva's" ring.
(Eva was her mother, my aunt...see profile.) The ring contained old family diamonds. Absolutely irreplaceable.
I was frantic when I lost it. Six months later, Hubby found it lodged in a weird corner under the seat of my car.
An accidental find...wasn't looking for it.

I hope yours resurfaces, too.
On one of the talk shows on TV,
a woman told of that happening to her engagement ring,
which was singularly distinctive in its appearance.
She said that it was lost on her Honeymoon at a lakefront resort; big lake.

She said that on their 35th Wedding Anniversary, thay returned
to the resort. Thay went swimming and thay became aware of
some commotion that a ring had been found. She said that it proved to be her lost ring.

David
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:16 am
@dadpad,
I checked my gardening gloves since I was gardening that day, and I didn't take it off to wash anything. I noticed it was gone in the shower but I had gotten up at 3:00 a.m. that day (don't ask!) and had a busy day buying gardening tools, deck furniture, and plants. I'd been to three stores. I called all three and checked the lost and found - nope. They checked around where I was - nope. I left my name and number, in case.

I wore gloves to garden, rake leaves, plant, mow, etc., and it's not in the gloves. It really wasn't loose enough to just fall off, and I think I would have felt it. Anyway, around 3:00 p.m. I had a nap, and when I got up, I cleaned for a bit and then showered. That's when the panic started.

I checked all my clothes, all Alex's clothes (even though I knew it couldn't be there), all the drawers, cupboards, tops of things, under all the furniture, under the cushions on the couch, you name it. I checked everywhere I could think of. I kept wandering around rechecking every place for two days. The only drain likely to be big enough (and that's doubtful) to swallow my ring would be the shower, and I had my son over to suck up the drain and remove the trap. I was sure it would be there, but it wasn't.

The only think I can think is I was so tired by then (3:00 p.m.) when I went to sleep that I might have done something with it only I can't imagine why. It was a little loose but I was waiting to see how it fit when the weather got hot, but seriously, it couldn't have fallen off by itself. I just don't know. It's a mystery.

David - I don't want to find it in 35 yrs! I'll be dead then.
msolga

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:22 am
@Mame,
The couch? At the back, under the cushions?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:23 am

I want u to remain in PERFECT HEALTH for the next 35 years.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:25 am
@Mame,
What is the stone? Amethyst?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I hope I'm dead by then Smile

yes, msolga - EVERYwhere!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:08 am
@Mame,
Oh Mame, I do hope you'll find that ring, it's such a beautiful piece and fits you
so well. My fingers are crossed!!

aawww, look at the two adorable little girls, they're growing. Lucy looks just like her Dad but Camille (love that name) has more of Denise in her. You also can tell that you, Denise and your son look very much alike.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:09 am
Gloves! Yes! That's how I lost mine! It must have come off when I removed my gloves in the car. (I hate driving with gloves on.) My hands weren't used to the feel of wearing a ring on that finger yet, so I didn't immediately notice it was gone.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:11 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:
Gloves! Yes! That's how I lost mine! It must have come off when I removed my gloves in the car. (I hate driving with gloves on.) My hands weren't used to the feel of wearing a ring on that finger yet, so I didn't immediately notice it was gone.

Coat pockets ?
Maybe in your bed?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:17 am
No, it's an emerald from Colombia Sad Not in my bed, coat, or gloves.

You're right, CJ - you have a good eye. Camille looks a lot like Denise did at that age, and Denise and Joel do look somewhat alike. Both brown eyes and dark hair like mama. Of the 14 grandchildren that we had, only 3 have brown eyes, yet 5 out of the 6 mothers had brown, some of their dads, too. And of their offspring (about the same numbers), they're all blue.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:42 am
@Mame,
Did it come off while washing ?

Did u look in your cars ?