Pictures

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:31 am
@Mame,
Some more search ideas that you may not have thought of:

Take the bed totally apart. Your hand may have dangled over the side and the ring could have either fallen between the sheets and lodged between the box spring and mattress. Lift the box spring out of the frame and look there too. The ring could have lodged between the frame and box spring.

If you have animals (especially cats), check the place where they take their toys and treasures. One of them could have found the sparkly object and taken it to their favorite spot. Check the wall edges under and near the bed. If they're like my cats were, they probably played soccer with the shiny object and it got wedged between the baseboards and carpet under the bed. Dim the lights and use a flashlight around the edges of the room. The ring will reflect in the light and make it easier to spot.

If you did any cooking or baking that day, check the bins that hold any of the ingredients you may have used and had your hands into: flour, sugar, etc.

You say only one drain is big enough for the ring to fit in. Check the other drains anyway. Rings (like coins) are amazingly agile and can get into the oddest places that they shouldn't fit into.

Check the towels and robes you used to dry off and keep warm in before dressing. The clamps that hold the stone in the ring could have snagged on the terry cloth or knitted fabric and it is still stuck to the item.

When you were gardening, did you have your bare hands in mud and water at any time? If so, check those places in the garden. Mud and water make a great lubricant for a ring. How about sacks of gardening soil or fertilizer? Did you have your bare hand in those at any time? If so, check those.

You said you picked up some deck furniture. Did you have to do any assembly of it? Check the nooks and crannies of the deck furniture. If you still have the boxes, check the packing materials.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:36 am
@Butrflynet,
When you did the mowing, what did you do with the lawn clippings? Check there. Check the gardening tools and the packing materials they came in. Check around the storage area where you are keeping the tools.

If your deck furniture is on an actual deck, check under the deck to be sure the ring didn't fall between the boards when you were setting up the furniture.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:09 pm
Thanks for your ideas, Butrflynet - I've looked in the pots I planted; our cat doesn't play with things and he has no special place; I didn't do any baking; I double-checked the bags of leaves, raked up where I raked them - I've tried just about everywhere. But when I get home, I'll do another search. The leaves are now in my compost, as are my grass clippings Smile But when I started it, you can bet I had an eagle eye on what was going into it. I think it will turn up. Some day.
Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I looked in both cars, even though I only drove one Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:57 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I looked in both cars, even though I only drove one Smile
Think about taking it off incidental to washing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:04 pm
Have you looked in dys' car?

between the front passenger seats?

Maybe you could have him comb through his beard, it might have gotten tangled up in there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:31 pm
@Mame,
I haven't posted because I don't know what to say - I would be so frustrated.
About a year ago, I couldn't find an eyeglass lens anywhere. I checked the whole house something like, dunno, thirty times. A lens is clear, though bigger than a ring. I have trouble finding my glasses without my glasses, but in that case I had an old worse vision pair as a spare. I also checked places I knew it could never be. I had not left the house at the time I was first missing it. Took me a month. Found it under a file cart, sitting there with a very slight gleam when I moved the cart.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:33 pm
@Mame,
when I find my glasses, I will help look for the ring...

Lucy makes me smile.

good luck...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@Mame,
Get a strong flashlight and after the sun sets and the yard is dark, go out there and flash it around the areas where you were to see what shiny objects turn up.

Do the same thing inside the house (bedroom, bathroom, etc.) and garage where the tools are stored.

You'll be amazed at what things in plain sight can only be noticed with a flashlight in a dark room.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 06:36 pm

Try to remember where u were
the last time that u remember having it.

In your kitchen, while cooking ?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2010 10:21 pm
How's the hunt going, Mame?
Are we getting warm?
0 Replies