The Diary of a Worldly Streetsmart Traveller: Israel

talk72000

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:26 pm
@dagmaraka,
The Muslims in India are not that radical. It would be the ones from Pakistan. The Indians are very philosophical and practical.
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 01:19 am
@talk72000,
well, there are a few millions of them in India. These were from India, believe me. I talked to them.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:26 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

There was lady from Kazakhstan with a surname of Ashkanazi. She looked Central Asian beauty and is a billionaire that Actor Gerald Butler seems to be dating. Could Ashkanzi Jews actually be Jewish Khazaris from Central Asia?

I believe there was a book called the Thirteenth Tribe by Bertrand Russell (I could be wrong) whose central premise was that in the middle ages a tribe, that lived somewhere in the direction of eastern Asia, called the Khazars, were told that they had to become monotheistic and pay a tax to either the Caliph or the Vatican (by respective emissaries). They inquired whether there was a monotheistic faith that did not pay a tax to either. The answer was, yes, Jews. So, as legend tells it, the Khazars "imported" some Rabbis from Poland, and the warrior class made an attempt to call themselves Jews. Along came Ghengis Khan and pushed them west, where they came upon villages of Ashkenazi Jews. They assimilated into these villages giving many Jews blue eyes and other non-Semitic features. This is all legend.

I think I once read that after the expultion of the Jews from Jerusalem, after the destruction of the Second Temple, the original Jews wound up wandering into Germany and were told by the then friendly barbarians that they could settle along the banks of a river called the Ashkenazi. So, Jews from that part of the world became known as Ashkenazi. This too could be fact mixed with fiction?

The vast majority of Ashkenazi Jews outside of Israel are of eastern European descent, from the lands that were Czarist Russia. I think an argument can be made that at this point in time, what with mixing, they are really Slavic.

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:38 am
note on the margin: Have you ever heard of the book The Dictionnary of the Khazars? It is written as a dictionary and has three sections: Jewish, Muslim, and Christian...same entries... yet it is a fiction and fascinating reading. I've read it long time ago and still consider it one of the most interesting books. Just made me think of it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:38 am
http://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Khazars-F-Milorad-Pavic/dp/067972754X%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJ3AR2O7JYNGTEXWQ%26tag%3D20-malltownusa2-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D067972754X found it on Amazon
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:56 pm
@Foofie,
If you go to Eorpedia you will see the genetic makeup of the peoples of Europe. The R Haplogroup type originated in Arya (Afghanistan, Iran Uzbekistan, Krygistan, Tajikstan, Pakistan area around 20,000 years ago. They probably domesticated the goat and cattle thus the European facial features of prominents noses. The early Europeans who were hunter-gatherers probably had African or Asian features as they did have the calcium enriched diet from milk, curds and cheese. They were probably inbred as well. This kind of diet with high calcium content also helped bone growth so these people were taller as well. R1A Haplogroup type came into being either because of diet or mistake in DNA replication. They spread south into India, north then east and west. The southern group in India gave rise to R2 Haplogroup found nowhere else in large numbeers. The western group occupied Russia and the Black Sea area. Then R1B arose from the Arya region and spred westward towards Turkey and Balck sea area. The Hittites were probaly R1B Haplogroup Type. The R1A went from Russia towards northern Germany and Scandinavia overcomingthe inbred early Europeans. The R1B alongthe Danube entered Europe via Austria. They spread into central Germany into the British Isles as it was connected to the European mainland during the Ice age. These people overcame the early inbred Europeans. They are the Celtics. The Celtics in Anatolia went eastward into China and occupied the Taklamakan Desert in the Tarim Basin Xingiang or Sinkiang.

Central Asia during the Ice age was green and not desert-like as the glaciers were still there in the Arctic region and the Altai mountains. The Tarim Basin wasn't a desert at that time either. There was no concept of race as they were shephrds and followed thir sheep or goats. The race developed as result of their diet. Those who had low calcium diet had smaller noses.

The Central Asians were horsemen as the first domestication of horses occurred in Kazakhstan around 7,000 years ago or earlier from remnants of horse bones and so on from carbon testing. However, this indicates a system of horse stables and early domestification wouldn't have such a sophisticated system so domestication would have occurred earlier with a rudimentary system.

The similarity in name of Khazzar and Kazakhs leads me to think they were the same people. Genghis Khan changed the complexion of the population in Central Asia but there were gene exchange occurring all the time.

The Celtics in the Tarim Basin brought Buddhism into China. The region of Uzbekistan was known as Sogdiana in those days where traders from India , China and Russia met.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_haplogroups_timeline.shtml
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:04 pm
@Foofie,
In the map showing Charlemagne Empire the Khazar Empire was in Ukraine just east of Charlemagne's Empire.

Wikipdia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chasaren.jpg
Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:09 pm
@talk72000,
Interesting link. So, it was Arthur Koestler that wrote the Thirteenth Tribe, not Bertrand Russell; so much for my memory.

So, if Ashkenazi Jews have a good mix of Khazar in their gene pool, then Judaism may just be a religion, since the Khazars were obviously Gentiles. Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm. Don't that beat all.
talk72000

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:13 pm
@Foofie,
I don't believe anyone is pure blood. There is probably an ancestor or two maybe even more who come from somewhere really far e.g. there is even talk of Eurasians having Neanderthal genes.
0 Replies