The USA, a terrorist nation, no way!

BillRM

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 09:19 pm
@JTT,
LOL sorry but you are full of ****.

The best man at my wedding is a Cuban and when Castro die there is going to be one hell of a party to celebrate that should shut down my city for a week or so.

There are very few places indeed remaining in the world with less freedom then Cuba and it is in effect an island wide prison for it population.

Our shame is in allowing this nonsense to go on for so long and so near our shores and the sad part is that we could had ended it within 24 hours if we had landed some Marines behind the Cubans at the Bay of Pigs.

Of course, if we had done so I would have needed to find someone else to be my best man.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 09:23 pm
@BillRM,
You're avoiding the central issue, Bill, including the issues you've raised.

Why do you insist on continually embarrassing yourself and your country?

Did you miss the FACT that Batista was a brutal dictator who was supported by the US government. Did you gloss over the number of people killed by the USA's man? Did you note that the US supported Batista when he blocked free elections?

Another way ugly American.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 09:34 pm
Perhaps you missed this too, Bill.

Quote:
"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption.

I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear.

" U.S. President John F. Kennedy, interview with Jean Daniel, October 24, 1963

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 09:47 pm
@JTT,
What issue am I avoiding?

That the CIA play weak games trying to get a dictator off the necks of the Cuban people instead of the US just sending in the Marines to do the task? That too many of our planners had watched one too many Mission Impossible TV shows.

A few tons of explosives how sad and silly could we had been, along with some very silly plots to assassinate the dictator.

We should be ashamed but not for trying to removed an unfriendly dictator that was a puppet for our cold war enemy.

The shame should come from in the end not removing this murder and dictator and allowing him to go on year after year murdering and imprisoning his fellow Cubans.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 10:16 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
What issue am I avoiding?

You can't possibly be this stupid. No, wait, you are this stupid.

The central one, you know, the one in the thread title.

1. the USA is a terrorist nation.

2. The USA committed numerous terrorist acts on a sovereign nation, Cuba, not the only one.

3. The USA has committed acts of genocide in Cuba and other countries.

4. The USA has used and continues to use WMDs.

5. The USA engages in and supports terrorist actions around the globe.

Faced with indisputable facts proving all these points, faced with confessions from numerous high ranking US officials, including JFK, you still want believe you can make a case to justify all these war crimes/terrorist acts/genocidal acts.

Evil personified.

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 04:08 am
@JTT,
Quote:
acts on a sovereign nation, Cuba,

Sovereign nation you mean Castro illegal government?

The man and his supporters took over Cuba by arm force with the aid of the former USSR and never afterward held any elections or had any other means to show he had the support of the Cuban people as a whole.

Far from it as hundreds of thousands risk their lives to flee, his control and he needed to kill thousands and place tens of thousands in prison for the crime of protecting his so call government.

He needed to set up a secret police and such fun things as block committees to watch in details his own people for counter revolutionize actions.

We had every right to support the Cuban people efforts to overthrow this dictator and to do so is hardly a terrorist act.

Your position seem to be that for the Russians to support his actions in the late 50s to take over by force his nation is fine but somehow our aid to help free Cuba from his dictatorship by force is not!
0 Replies