Copyright block

JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 10:27 pm
This is the first time I've seen this. I tried to right click some pictures of houses to do a "save as" but I got a popup window saying that the picture was a copyright which effectively stopped the "save as".

Is there any other way to save these pictures? I don't want to steal them, I only put them in Paint to lighten them so I can see the detail better. Is there any way to lighten my screen to view them on the website?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,120 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:02 pm
@JTT,
I think they are using a no-right-click script. This is a little javascript code that overrides what the right click does. They are slightly annoying, but not very effective.

There are several ways I can think of to get around this.

First, have you tried just dragging the image from the webpage to the desktop? If this works, you can then just double click on the desktop.

If this doesn't work, you can "view page source" of the webpage. You can either get there by right clicking somewhere on the webpage that isn't the image, or through the menu bar. Once you display the source, just look for a URL that starts with http: and ends with either .gif, or .jpeg. Cut and paste this URL into your browser address bar.

The final trick would be to just take a screen shot and paste that into paint.

You could also "save web page" to a folder. This will download all the images and you can just open the folder and double click them.

ebrown p

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:06 pm
I just thought of another way to get around this.

Go into your security settings and disable Javascript.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:30 pm
@ebrown p,
Thanks, Sire, a drag and drop worked fine.
ebrown p

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:45 pm
@JTT,
LOL
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:08 am
@JTT,

had that not worked, you should be able to adjust brightness & contrast settings on your monitor...
0 Replies