I LOVE PORK ! ! !

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 05:36 pm
Ah pulled pork . . . as in BBQ pork sammiches. Now i love a good pig pickin', and i love makin' sammiches from it. The classic restaurant, Southern style pulled pork sammich is BBQ pork on a bun with a big pile of cole slaw in the middle.
Roberta

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 05:50 pm
Although I'm not a sausage eater, I have to say that there's no part of pork I don't like.

My poor kosher grandmother had nonkosher grandchildren. (My grandparents were taking care of us one summer.) My cousin and I went on a hunger strike for bacon. I think the pan, the dishes, and the forks are still buried in a backyard somewhere in Noo Joisey.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:31 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
with a side a bacon
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:37 pm
@Setanta,
Now you know that several fistfights have erupted as to the very best sauce . Vingeary PIedmont v Memphis, Houston Texas "no" sauce v Kansas City . The very worst bbq sauce is made in the Dutch country of PA. Here the Amish interpret BBQ as a slow cooking of meat that is then doused with a sauce made of ketchup and brown sugar YOU could put that Amish **** on pancakes , its that sweet. Hurts my teeth just thinkin about it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:01 pm
Oh yes, pork can be so good...
http://www.zumstraubinger.de/images/092.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:21 pm
The folks around where i lived in North Carolina made a wonderful BBQ sauce that they cooked all day, constantly adding vinegar until it cooked down to the consistency they wanted. It didn't taste like vinegar, which is good, cause i don't like it. I loved the sauce, but i couldn't go near a house where it was being cooked down. I dearly love a Carolina style pig pickin' . . .
oolongteasup

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:44 am
Quote:
favorite pork dish or form of pork?

i made this lovely silk purse one year

crackling
Letty

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 04:25 am
@oolongteasup,
My Mamma done told me; when I was in pigtails. "ya can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

http://halloweencostumes.costumestore.com/114525_01_Lg.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 04:50 am
@Setanta,
When I was workin in South CArolina gold fieldthey had all kinds of Piedmont style pig pickin places over near EDgefield.THey were only open from Wednesday to Saturday.
Big plate a plucked pig and 3 sides, 8 $. WIth some of the sweetest Ice tea and cobbler for dessert.

The dude abided quite well.

It was there I learnt the right way to cook greens(Which is all day)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:00 am
@Setanta,
Love ham and eggs - and ham and pineapple pizza.

Love certain sausage (as long it isn't too greasy)

Like to make center cut pork chops by marinating in maple syrup.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:04 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
ohhh yeah almost forgot about those tasty ribs.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:06 am
country ham and red-eyed gravy only proves some people will anything.
Letty

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:34 am
@dyslexia,
I think it's time for you to eat crow, dys.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 11:51 am
@Letty,
SOS gravy is mostly beef and I find red weye waaay too salty for my taste. One reason I dont like country ham is its SALT. I like a good sugar or smoke cured ham.
One of them IEY -Talian dried hams with all the grease and different spices that you gotta cut with a razor like that guy in Goodfellas who always shaved his garlic, they are so hard and good with olives and a "gasp" BEER.

My wife makes a great meal out of bone-in pork chops and , layered in a pan are thin slice potatoes, then a layer of slice onions, each layer is hit with ground pepper and WOOshtershire sauce. This pan is covered over a low heat and allowed to simmer for about 45 min and the potatoes and onions are placed on a plate and a chop each. DEEE-f'n-licious
Letty

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:03 pm
@farmerman,
Many people need the salt here in Florida, farmerman. The hot weather can do that to you. (I have never had high blood pressure)

It's been a while since I ate any pork, country ham, etc due to my type II diabetes, however. It's a treat to go out to eat and have lobster tails, salad with crutons, baked sweet potatoes and all the toppings. Haven't eaten red meat in a long time. Used to love prime rib with au jus.

I still eat bacon and link sausage.

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:14 pm
@Letty,
bacon and sausage aint exactly a white meat.
Letty

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:17 pm
@farmerman,
I know. I was just pointing out that there are exceptions.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 06:01 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The folks around where i lived in North Carolina made a wonderful BBQ sauce that they cooked all day, constantly adding vinegar until it cooked down to the consistency they wanted. It didn't taste like vinegar, which is good, cause i don't like it. I loved the sauce, but i couldn't go near a house where it was being cooked down. I dearly love a Carolina style pig pickin' . . .

as good as sex
0 Replies