anyone have experience training two dogs at once for obedience?

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 10:04 pm
i thought it would be harder, but it seems the competition between the two dogs is bringing ou the worst in the one i thought was better trained, and producing amzaing results for the one i thought completely retarded.

its been about a month, but i was looking for general observations and tips.

(i love how they are responding to their names on cue though, its awesome)

my hand signals are a bit lacking i think, i am trying to point up to go fromlay down,to sit, to stand, and down from stand, to sit, to lay down... a palm means stay.

so far the hand signals are better for long range commands, when i say their name they immediately want to run to me. my own oversight though, saying their name has always been a version of come here..

i also registered for an agility and obedience club, they hate me though, everyone has poodles and ****. ridiculous haha.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,649 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:40 am
@ghostinthemachine702,
Ive trained border collies for herding and they need close individual attention. Team training for Borders is an advanced trick for handling big herds.

One silly thing Ive learned is that make sure you choose names that the dogs can differentiate easily.

I have a friend who has a bunch of borders and he has two who he works together. One is named "Joe" and the other is "Bo" so the diogs are always getting confused.
0 Replies