plainoldme

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 07:45 am
@Ionus,
Actually, there are many colors and facial features among blacks, even among African blacks. Spencer Wells, in his programs on human dispersal, claimed that the first modern humans who left Africa were probably medium complexioned and that the other skin shades developed as environmental responses.
Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 07:03 pm
@plainoldme,
The origin of guessing the skin colour of our ancestors is that chimpanzees range considerably in skin colour.....assuming we have a common ancestor, it raises many equally possible colours for our common ancestor.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 07:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im too old to have space in my mind for something I may have to use and then toss out when its found to be bullshit.

This one is most likely bullshit. There's never been any clear evidence of crossbreeding despite the two groups living in close proximity for long periods so that much evidence of crossbreeding would be expected if it were possible at all and it probably wasn't.

One thing about having a neanderthal girl friend, you probably wouldn't have to spend any money buying her fur coats.....
farmerman

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:03 pm
@gungasnake,
ITs really funny when it was Paabo who first came out with the statements that there was NO EVIDENCE to support interbreeding of the two (or three) species .

The responses to UVA and UVB are expressed on only 5 SNP genes. If PAabo has these expressions in his DNA spreads, he is able to compare phenotypic expressions with those of todays humans. Thats only about 5! . Turn that into a "Hardy Weinberg" type expansion and compare that to all the other similar SNP expressions that are NOT facial and its probably fairly accurate to calculate the skin type(color) or eye infolding, nares and lip configurations, and skin thicknesses and hair .

Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
its probably fairly accurate to calculate the skin type(color) or eye infolding, nares and lip configurations, and skin thicknesses and hair .

Quote:
its probably fairly accurate to calculate
You mean you are happy guessing. What genes control these features ? Do you know which ones ?
Quote:
the skin type(color)
Which gene controls the degree of melanin ?
Quote:
eye infolding
Which gene ?
Quote:
nares and lip configurations, and skin thicknesses
Really ? All that ?
Quote:
hair
We have the same amount of hair as a chimpanzee. It is much smaller and finer than on us. But what produces long hair on our head ? Which gene ?
Stop these wild arse guesses you think are science and by throwing in enough big words you hope to convince the gullible without seriously addressing the real issues. Stop hiding and debate in plain english. I suspect you dont know half of what you quote.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:06 pm
One of my friends is an Neanderthaler: born there, grew up there, lived there up to university time, and still some of his family is living there.

She married, though, someone from somewhere else. Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 06:41 am
The best take on this so far, IMO.
==
May 9, 2010
Op-Ed Contributor
Date With a Neanderthal
By TEDDY WAYNE
Neanderthals mated with some modern humans after all and left their imprint in the human genome, a team of biologists has reported in the first detailed analysis of the Neanderthal genetic sequence. " The Times, May 6

A Neanderthal and human at a berry tree somewhere in Western Europe, 60,000 B.C.

NEANDERTHAL Gather here often?

HUMAN No. (looks around) I’m just waiting for my friend.

N. Friend hunter or gatherer?

H. A gatherer. But we’re planning to go somewhere else and "

N. Great, me use fire to send signal to my hunter-friend to come.

H. That’s O.K., we won’t be here long.

A pause as they eat berries.

N. So ... what your sign?

H. My sign?

N. Cave sign. What you draw on cave wall to indicate it yours?

H. A picture of a bird soaring as the dawn’s light "

N. Me have drawing of me killing animal, then second drawing of me eating animal-flesh with fire. You like animal-flesh?

H. I eat only berries.

N. Last mate also eat only berry. It cause problem when we eat outside-of-cave. One reason why we not mate now.

H. That’s too bad.

N. Also she say she has many issue from time before this she still need to deal with. She say it not me, it her.

H. Well, my friend should have been here by now, so maybe I’ll go look for her ...

N. Difficult to walk over main field when sun at this point. Everyone trying to walk at same time. Me walk with you to find her. She at Tree Near Fast River? Or Tree Near Slow River?

H. I think we just need some alone time "

N. Me scoop you drink. You take with dirt or without?

H. I’m not thirsty.

Another pause.

N. You into stone tool? Me into stone tool.

H. Not really.

N. Oh ... Me ask you from point of view of gatherer: what you think about new action of “Neanderthal-scaping”? You like Neanderthal with no hair or Neanderthal with all hair?

H. No hair.

N. Me have stone tool in cave that can make me with no hair. Maybe you help me?

H. I really have to get going.

N. Wait. This seem crazy, but me feel connection to you, like connection of mammoth to spear, or of fish to spear, or of wood stick to point of spear. It hard to meet fertile gatherer because me spend all my time hunting or sleeping inside-of-cave. Can me fire-signal you?

H. You know what, tell me where your cave is, and I’ll fire-signal you.

N. O.K.! Me give you my stone.

He hands her a stone inscribed with his cave’s information. She leaves.

N. Fire-signal you in time soon after this!

Another human approaches the berry tree and eats some.

N. Me eat only berry, too.

Teddy Wayne is the author of the novel “Kapitoil.”

Joe(I had that conversation last night)Nation
littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 08:32 am
Awesome!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:25 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You mean you are happy guessing. What genes control these features ? Do you know which ones ?
Yes I know several of them. Itll cost ya .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:31 pm
@Joe Nation,
"It me not you" , Boy, that deeep . Me feel that him able to cut right through hard part of communication between hunters and mates.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:14 pm
@farmerman,
Ya that,

Joe(Me eat only berry, too.)Nation
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 01:55 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
possible colours for our common ancestor

greenish grey hides the dirt

white can be so unforgiving
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:36 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Most people knowledgable about pre-sapiens anatomy can walk down the average street and see examples of specific features of our ancestors. Incidentally, Their lips are full and more protruding, an apes lips are inside the mouth....the tip of their nose is larger whereas apes have a nose considerably higher on the face and with far less soft tissue. The white supremacists have it exactly backwards, but they have never got it wrong before have they ?

Just like her.
http://local.gastongazette.com/lockup/2010/04_26_2010/images/2010-00005239.jpg

Quote:
Ionus wrote:
Their lips are full and more protruding

The mouth's going towards the food could be the reason for that.

talk72000

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 12:02 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
Passifiers have been accused as the culprit for buck teeth. Mothers throughout the world used passifiers.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 12:09 pm
@talk72000,
Pamela Rose , big memebr of Aryan Sisterhood.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:54 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
Is that a photo of you ?
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:18 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

, black people have the most human features of all. Their lips are full and more protruding, an apes lips are inside the mouth....the tip of their nose is larger whereas apes have a nose considerably higher on the face and with far less soft tissue. The white supremacists have it exactly backwards, but they have never got it wrong before have they ? Very Happy

The Africans are specifically excluded from this latest DNA discovery - nothing to do with white supremacy:
Quote:
The first definitive evidence of interbreeding comes from Svante Pääbo's team at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. They reported last week that the genome of humans today is roughly 1 to 4 per cent Neanderthal. This holds true for all non-Africans, suggesting that H. sapiens and Neanderthals interbred sometime between 100,000 and 45,000 years ago, after the first humans left Africa but before they split into regional populations.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:10 pm
Much of Tom Ashbrook's Thursday, 13 May 2010 edition of On Point was devoted to this topic. Here is a link: http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/05/neanderthals-our-kissing

BTW, the data worked on this time is not the same data that originally excluded a modern human/Neanderthal cross. The original work was done with mitochondrial DNA.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 08:35 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
The Africans are specifically excluded from this latest DNA discovery - nothing to do with white supremacy:
I was trying to head them off at the pass.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:08 am
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/291798#tab=comments&sc=0&local=
0 Replies