rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 07:25 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
I have no doubt in fact, that people live in the earth, the question to wether or not it's hollow, I can't say.

How can people live in the earth? What do you mean by that? Do you mean that they live in caves?
farmerman

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 08:46 pm
@rosborne979,
The Feb 2006 7.0 quake in Mozambique was an excellent data source for proving that the earth is a multi component layered system made up of solids, semi solids and liquids. The P waves from the quake were seen passing throught the earth, also the waves were reflected AND refracted in shallower layers. The seismic stations that picked up the P waves (which go through anything) , recorded them in response to the density of the material that the waves passed through. P waves are slowed by different shapes,chemical makeup, and "viscosity of the media. Since we have seismic stations all over the planet, all of which are connected by several ultra accurate clocks systems from about 8 world centers where they measure and calibrate times according to a linear time model (accurate to billionths of a second) . The times of the waves received by each station conforms to the layers of the material that the waves had either passed through , been reflected off, or refracted within.
Its really hard to make up a story that the earth is hollow because , if it were hollw, there would be NO P waves recieved that conformed to this hollowness. A P wave is functionally lost in air or else it sets up a "couple"(, like a speaker that is unique to the solid and the distance to the air and back to the recording device like the ear)
If its hollow, somebody is doing some damn good messin with earthquake data that occurs every day on the planet. Everyso often, like the Mozambique quake, we get one that sends out such beautiful data that some grad students write papers for their advisors to bask in the light of and take credit for.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 09:11 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman,

Read the initial post. This is supposed to be a discussion with NO CRITICAL THOUGHT BASED ON SCIENCE.

P-waves are science, and reason is critical thought. Now stop it right now!

Personally I think the fairies ride unicorns from inside the hollow Earth (no one criticize me please).
farmerman

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 09:21 pm
@ebrown p,
exit stage right.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The times of the waves received by each station conforms to the layers of the material that the waves had either passed through , been reflected off, or refracted within.
Its really hard to make up a story that the earth is hollow because , if it were hollw, there would be NO P waves recieved that conformed to this hollowness. A P wave is functionally lost in air or else it sets up a "couple"(, like a speaker that is unique to the solid and the distance to the air and back to the recording device like the ear)

Well that's true of seismic waves activity, but I disagree, it does not rule out hollow earth.

http://www.hollowplanets.com/journal/Seismic01.asp

Follow this link and you can see what the other side has to say about earthquakes and how they help prove the hollow earth theory, based on observing P and S waves.
CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 10:08 am
@CarbonSystem,
http://www.hollowplanets.com/journal/images/art0006b.jpg
From the link showing the hollow earth model.

http://www.hollowplanets.com/journal/images/art0010.jpg
A solid earth diagram showing the shadown zone where seismic waves almost don't reach, even though, according to our modern view of earth they should.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 10:33 am
@CarbonSystem,
That is total nonsesne. We can detect P waves directly through the planet AND they are recorded at the times and wave path for which they are supposed to be in. If you arent sure about seimic wave propogation, the USGS has many wonderful "real" graphics to see..
WHy does your first diagram seem to sonfuce direct P waves and Refracted and reflected waves? They dont seem to discuss that do they?

Its all crap si r, If you really wish to believe this legend, do not automatically dismiss what the real evidence is saying.

You are starting to eneter the realm of fanaticism, where you get totally convinced of the validity of only one option without seeing what the others have to say.
CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 10:50 am
@farmerman,
Actually, I'm playing the devil's advocate here. No need to get upset about it.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 11:21 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

There are various issues with gravity and mass which their theories are strangely unable to account for.

Cycloptichorn

To name a few of those issues..?
I'm curious about it all.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 11:35 am
@CarbonSystem,
"devils advocacy" only works when you understand the issue clearly.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 11:59 am
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

There are various issues with gravity and mass which their theories are strangely unable to account for.

Cycloptichorn

To name a few of those issues..?
I'm curious about it all.

If you really want to know why a hollow earth is an impossibility (there are lots of basic physics reasons), but you need look no further than orbital mechanics.

We know the earth's volume and we know it's mass from it's orbit around the sun. From that we know it's density, and from its density, we know it's not hollow.

We also know from plate tectonics that the crust has been moving around on a fluid sub-surface, and since fluids always flow toward the lowest point (center of gravity), we know the interior of the planet can not support bubbles (or one giant bubble) at the core. Then there's the physics of pressure and heat and the fact that we know the planet isn't exactly spherical either. It goes on and on.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 02:38 pm
@rosborne979,
The issue that the "hollow earthers" use to cast doubt upon normal Gravity and Seismic data is that earthquakes from 200Km are an impossibility in a planet wuith a plastic mantle. The thing is though, all these deep earthquakes concentrate around subductionzones or mountain belt margins. In these areas phase changes cause the complete changes of mineral suites and result in dehydration of mineral species and consequent "brittelizing".
rosborne979

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 02:44 pm
@farmerman,
I can think of a myriad number of ways that simple physics can demonstrate the impossibility of a Hollow Earth. One hardly knows where to start. This is a little bit like a "young earth" hypothesis, it just falls apart every way you look at it.

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 01:47 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

This is a little bit like a "young earth" hypothesis, it just falls apart every way you look at it.

that is, unless you look at it from the inside
rosborne979

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 01:53 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:

Oooo, that sounds very meaningful. Care to explain in more detail?
CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 09:33 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

CarbonSystem wrote:

Oooo, that sounds very meaningful. Care to explain in more detail?

Ha sure, it's called sarcasm. Perhaps a bit of poking fun at this thread.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:09 pm
@rosborne979,
I look at it from the underside. It's not as thick as you might think.
CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 09:16 am
@roger,
only 800 miles according to researchers.
I also often wonder, what is on the dark side of the moon.
Pink floyd was on to something.
http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album_Dark-Side-of-the-Moon-a-Cappella-Dark-Side-of-the-Moon-A-Cappella.jpg
linda6996

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 04:33 am
@CarbonSystem,
where's the sun? I would think there would b light so where is their source
djjd62

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 04:51 am
@linda6996,
since the internal temp of the earth is quite high, many hollow earth folks say that there is an internal sun that lights the interior world

purely for entertainment, i read a very interesting book about the history of the hollow earthers, fun stuff