Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:05 pm
I've been thinking about and researching this idea and before I go off the deep-end or give my initial opinion, I'm curious of anyone elses.

If you're curious do some google searches:

admiral byrd
olaf jansen
nazis
lemurians
atlanteans

Now for a quick note:
Please show respect for anyone's viewpoints, if you've come here to flame people for the sake fo accepted science, leave....
This thread in it's essence challenges so much of our accepted ideas of the earth, we must be respectful please.

Thank you.
CS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 6,100 • Replies: 52
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:08 pm
@CarbonSystem,
There are various issues with gravity and mass which their theories are strangely unable to account for.

Cycloptichorn
Francis

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes, I sometimes ponder heavily about the gravity of a situation of mass without weight..
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 01:53 pm
@CarbonSystem,
Caves are hollow places underground. Is that what you're talking about?

Once you get deeper than the crust, it's all magma and liquid metal.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 09:34 am
Yeah that's what I would think;
the argument is that gravity still acts in the same fashion, pulling smaller objects toward bigger ones. An earth with an allegedly 800 mile thick crust is the object pulling us. And when inside, the surface you're in pulls you right to it.

Of course gravity itself we cannot explain, we just know how it acts. The cause to modern science is an unanswered question.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:17 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
Yeah that's what I would think;
the argument is that gravity still acts in the same fashion, pulling smaller objects toward bigger ones.

Actually, all objects are attracted toward each other by gravity. The small ones also pull.

CarbonSystem wrote:
An earth with an allegedly 800 mile thick crust is the object pulling us. And when inside, the surface you're in pulls you right to it.

The entire earth is pulling us, not just the crust. The crust is actually the lightest and least dense of the components.

CarbonSystem wrote:
Of course gravity itself we cannot explain, we just know how it acts. The cause to modern science is an unanswered question.

Einstein did a pretty good job of explaining gravity (General Relativity). It's the result of a curvature of space-time. Lots and lots of evidence supports that model.
CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:28 pm
@rosborne979,
I'm not trying to say gravity isn't true. Like you said, were well aware of it. But Einstein really didn't explain it. And in the case of the hollow earth theory, a person or a ship is small compared to the earth, and so, pulling smaller toward bigger.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:29 pm
Symmes hole
 http://symonsez.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/reedshollowearth1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cleves_Symmes,_Jr.

However; a hollow earth does not fit seismic observations that strongly indicate the existance of a mantle, inner core, and outer core.

Rap

0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:32 pm
of course, this whole theory steps all over conventional science in the first place.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 02:04 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:
of course, this whole theory steps all over conventional science in the first place.

Correct. The whole "hollow earth" theory is ridiculous. There are several aspects of the Earth which prevent the hollow earth from being a possibility.
CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 03:04 pm
@rosborne979,
yeah,[url][/url] it definitely requires some out of the box thinking.
among those who believed in the hollow earth theory is mr. edmund haley, who predicted the orbit of "haley's comet". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmond_Halley

Another was one admiral byrd, an extremely decorated and forthright
man whose character and intelligence has been accounted for hundreds of times over, actually flew into the entrance of the hollow earth on a US expedition. He later said it was "the most important discovery man has made", because he saw revealed to him the inner portion of our earth, supporting abundant http://www.iamuniversity.org/iamu/mobile/literature/lodges/spiritual_extraterrestrials_lodge/3669-Agartha-The-Hollow-Earth.htmllife.

There's also quite a bit of evidence that does not jive with modern sciences take on earth, but it's well documented and agreed.

driftwood from the north, whose orgins on trees here are thousands of miles south.

much much warmer winds and waters as one gets further north (a commonly agreed upon and well documented fact by those who have made the journey)

Then there's the pollen covered icebergs, covered in pollen by plant matter that can't be found anywhere near the north pole.

There's also the eskimo people's insistance that their forefathers and ancestors came from somewhere far, far to the north.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 03:30 pm
@CarbonSystem,
Do you think the Earth is hollow?
roger

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 04:01 pm
@rosborne979,
It is not hollow, and it is not filled with magma, or whatever. It isn't thick enough!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 04:09 pm
I think its full of Twinkie filling.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 04:53 pm
i'm under no illusion that any of it's true, but i loved this book

Hollow Earth: The Long and Curious History of Imagining Strange Lands, Fantastical Creatures, Advanced Civilizations, and Marvelous Machines Below the Earth's Surface

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jD3rLSX9L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The idea that another world exists below the surface of the Earth has captivated science fiction and fantasy writers since the days of Edgar Allan Poe's "Ms. Found in a Bottle" and Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth. As Standish reveals, the theory has also been promoted by serious (if sometimes slightly off-kilter) scientists, beginning with the eminent Edmond Halley, who theorized that smaller concentric spheres were nested inside the Earth. Standish's approach relies heavily on plot summaries of novels by the likes of Edgar Rice Burroughs, with frequent sarcastic interjections. "Stop him before he describes more!" he cries after one particularly lush passage. Scientists are dealt with in similarly detailed and skeptical fashion. Beneath all the wisecracks, however, Standish seems to have a genuine affection for his assorted crackpots and dreamers, and he provides an amusing tour of their various underground utopias. Unfortunately, the story fizzles at the end, failing to develop the all too sketchy hints that some people out there are still hollow-earth believers"but it's a fun romp while it lasts.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 05:18 pm
@rosborne979,
I don't know, but I believe just as much as I believe it's a solid sphere.
Science of course couldn't agree with this phenomena,
it only deals in it's own language and the outliers can never be predicted by the approximate nature of science.

Let me ask you, of all the cover up and controversy, why are both arguments based on speculation?

Why don't we send someone there to prove it once and for all?

...oh wait, we did. And he returned results that we would like to ignore.
I have no doubt in fact, that people live in the earth, the question to wether or not it's hollow, I can't say.

I would say our best researchers on the subject were those ancient cultures who continue to match and exceed our level of consciousness.

Were still baffled by the pyramids, we just can't explain them. And they aren't the only example..
Sometimes we find out the myths were conditioned to disbelieve are truths hidden for a reason.

Of course I'm also the same guy that's seen UFO's first hand, multiple times; had premonition dreams predicting future events; and believe there's got to be some time we all stand up and object to the new world order's slavery of the human race once and for all.

My last statement here would be for anyone reading this not to fear the ET's when they happen on our planet; 'the man' will try and tell you otherwise.

now that i suppose can be considered a can of worms

or something like that.
djjd62

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 05:20 pm
@CarbonSystem,
it's a fave topic on Coast to Coast AM as well, again, not to say i believe it, but it's entertaining to listen to
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 05:37 pm
@CarbonSystem,
CarbonSystem wrote:

I don't know, but I believe just as much as I believe it's a solid sphere.
Science of course couldn't agree with this phenomena,
it only deals in it's own language and the outliers can never be predicted by the approximate nature of science.

Let me ask you, of all the cover up and controversy, why are both arguments based on speculation?

Why don't we send someone there to prove it once and for all?

...oh wait, we did. And he returned results that we would like to ignore.
I have no doubt in fact, that people live in the earth, the question to wether or not it's hollow, I can't say.

I would say our best researchers on the subject were those ancient cultures who continue to match and exceed our level of consciousness.

Were still baffled by the pyramids, we just can't explain them. And they aren't the only example..
Sometimes we find out the myths were conditioned to disbelieve are truths hidden for a reason.

Of course I'm also the same guy that's seen UFO's first hand, multiple times; had premonition dreams predicting future events; and believe there's got to be some time we all stand up and object to the new world order's slavery of the human race once and for all.

My last statement here would be for anyone reading this not to fear the ET's when they happen on our planet; 'the man' will try and tell you otherwise.

now that i suppose can be considered a can of worms

or something like that.

Have you checked google earth or other satelite technology?
CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 06:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, some pictures from satellites show a gaping hole, others just white. So if the theory has creedence those would be cloud cover or mist over the poles entrance.

Another interesting but is concerning the aurora's at the poles.
People believe these to be light from the inner plasma sun coming out at the poles.
Recently one of our satellites took some infrared images and sped them up to show them over a period of time. The aurora's are mirrors of eachother, which would be consistent if they stemmed from a light source inside, rather than some strange atmospheric phenomenon.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 06:44 pm
@djjd62,
It is very fun to think about.
There's a lot of compelling evidence, and you never know what's crap or what's real, because of the nature of cover-ups and what-not, those with true stories are discredited or disappear quickly.