AWOL

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:39 am
i quite like icered, but i'm not telling who i am there.

taunton's my main reading site these days - gathering renovation ideas.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:48 am
ebeth, Taunton seems to be practical arts oriented. Is this so? Ill put in a googlesuchen and see what I can find
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:57 am
cooking, gardening, sewing/crafts, renovating, tools, woodworking and a couple of other new forums are at taunton. i like reading the politics threads in the woodworking forums - lots of heavy-hitting right-wingers to be entertained by.

mrs. sealpoet can be found in the gardening and cooking forums there. Someone at abuzz (the other edgarB) mentioned it when jeanne de seattle needed reno design help. I've been reading, learning and occasionally posting there ever since.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 10:10 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
I'm a much nicer person here, because you guys are so much nicer here.

Bi- So I have noticed. I have been known to take a peek at Abuzz once in awhile! Laughing

I decided long ago that since conversation was impossible with those right wing nuts over there, and since there were no rules whatsoever, I might as well go with it and give 'em as good as they dish out. My mission is to show my utter disrespect for them, a couple in particular. I was not that nasty there in the beginning, but a few of them made the mistake of slandering squinney, which is one thing because she is perfectly capable of defending herself, but making uncalled for remarks about my oldest cub I never forgive or forget, so the off limits became fair game. So be it.
One poster has been threatening to come to Raleigh and give me a beating for months now. Rolling Eyes That would be interesting.

Anyway, I like it here. Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 10:28 am
20 bucks on the Bear to win!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 10:36 am
Well, bi. A lot of fond memories there, but things got too rough for me. Somewhere Phoenix asked about the first thread that we ever posted on a forum. Mine was "Curiosity". Still find that question to be a part of all here, too. Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 11:21 am
There are still a lot of nice folks on Abuzz who never crossed over here or, if they did, somehow didn't feel comfortable for one reason or another. If Abuzz is truly defunct, maybe we'll get people like Aa to come over here. Others, too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 11:39 am
I'm putting $50 on Bear.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:07 pm
I got tired of scanning through pages and pages of crap to get to the one interesting post. Decided if I was gonna waste some time why not go to a place where people actually entertained and taught me something. I've found it here, I like it and I'm staying.
Ceili
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:10 pm
Ditto Ceili :-D
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 01:58 pm
yeh but you understand , even the most knock down drag out fights on a2k STILL MAKE SENSE. On abuzz you can dispense with reality and just engage for its own sake.
Maybe its a guy thing.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 02:16 pm
As of 3:15 pm Abuzz is still down. Perhaps a search should be made for Aa, Original Nan and some others, there may be survivors in the water.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 02:21 pm
Sigh - if it has gone, I will miss it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 04:17 pm
Aa has been a member here for some time.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 04:43 pm
I am also going to miss Abuzz if it is gone. However, I would spend more time here. Anyone have any inside dope on Abuzz?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 05:26 pm
Icered?

Bobsal somehow stumbled onto that forum and apparently ended up calling the lot of them a pack of wierdoes. This led one of the the Iceredders to bet Bob hundreds of dollars, donated to charity, that he had a larger Honesty Index than Bobsal did.

What is the Honesty Index? It is a completely arbitrary system made up by one of the Icered moderators. Or the Icered Webmaster. Or somebody in cyberland who may or may not be the poster betting Bobsal.

Bobsal passed it off with a sarcastic, "Why not thousands of dollars why you are at it?", or words to that effect. The Icreredder took Bob up on it. Or, as stated before, maybe the bettor was the Honesty Index's author and judge. At any rate, if anybody told you at work on Monday that they sent thousands of dollars to a charity because they lost a bet to someone they never met, judged by someone they also never met and might well be the guy they are betting in the first place, I am sure you would agree they would soon be the laughing stock of the workplace.

Whatever, this Icredder then came to Abuzz to try to shame Bob into actually taking this nonsense seriously. The Iceredder in question had friends who jumped all over Bobsal and apparently scoured the internet looking for posts of Bob to criticize on other forums. On one, Bobsal said he liked to break for tea and cookies after lunch. This inspired prolonged tittering on the part of Iceredders because-get this-correct tea break procedure requires tea to be taken at 4 pm with cucumber or watercress sandwiches, not cookies.

No, I 'm not making this up. One other Iceredder was all bent out of shape because Bobsal took one of his questions and asked it on another message board. Like the guy who wrote it first has a copyright.

At the end of all this ridiculous sniping against Bobsal, I began to see why he called the whole bunch of them a pack of wierdoes.

So Icered is not an option.

I had heard about this place on Abuzz, and if the big A really has gone down for the count, I'll try my luck here, thank you very much. Apparently this place is already the place to go for displaced Abuzzers anyway.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 05:26 pm
Nick Fun good to see ya...I didn't know you were here......
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 05:42 pm
welcome Kelticwizard, A2K is in a way Abuzz redux, but it is a lot more.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 07:12 pm
I think everything on abuzz is copyright material, and at least protected from theft by terms of service.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 07:40 pm
hee hee, i downloaded alot of the mathematics of improbability by one abuzzer. These mathemagic manipulations were 'precious"

sound of lone bagpipe in distance playing amazing Grace

we need some sustainable art threads .aybe 400, jacguar, colorific and Lord Malin will join in the posse.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » AWOL
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:54:40