Same thing, yes ?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 12:08 am
@Ionus,
Sure, if it turns out to be true.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 12:10 am
@ossobuco,
Whatever might be told about me and doors, I'll listen..
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:08 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Sure, if it turns out to be true.
I was only referring to this incident in general terms. In popular culture there is a lot of putting down of men. If two women beat up a man, everyone laughs. If two men beat up a woman, it is disgusting. A woman pours a glass over a man's head, it is funny. A man does that to a woman it riles everyone. Women want to be protected and men want to protect them. I am happy with that but I dont see why it is a problem for libbies. Why do we still have militant bitches trying to change the world ? I would like to see these women punished to the same extent as if two men would if they threw food at a woman for not holding open the door for them. But it wont happen will it ?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:34 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
A woman pours a glass over a man's head, it is funny.

A woman pours a glass over a man's head it must be justified. He must be an ass. We used to think that, and also that if a man slaps a woman she must have needed it, but it is a one way street now.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 09:57 am
@Ionus,
Ionus quote:
Quote:
Women want to be protected and men want to protect them.

That's the way it used to be in the US. But today, with so many males serving as "stay-at-home" parents, with wives working outside the home to support the family, it looks like the women are now protecting the men.

Hmmm!
Ionus

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:03 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
That's the way it used to be in the US. But today, with so many males serving as "stay-at-home" parents, with wives working outside the home to support the family, it looks like the women are now protecting the men.
Quite true, but who is happier for this change ? I dont think women really respect a man in that situation..it goes against so many instincts.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:19 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Quite true, but who is happier for this change ? I dont think women really respect a man in that situation..it goes against so many instincts.

I was a stay at home dad 1991-2001...at that time nearly NO ONE respected stay at home dads, though there was a huge lack of honesty about this. It is claimed that the situation is somewhat different today, but I have no first hand knowledge of this. We know that there are a lot more of them now, and most of them do it because their woman makes more money and/or has better prospects. I have my doubts about this being good for men's self esteem.
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:00 am
@hawkeye10,
If they have an issue with this as far as self-esteem, then I'd imagine they have an ego problem.

My husband doesn't have a problem with it - and he is a former Marine and "manly" crap. I think he has a strong self-esteem to begin with so he could care less if some one thought or said otherwise.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 10:20 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
If they have an issue with this as far as self-esteem, then I'd imagine they have an ego problem.
it might be fair to call the fragile male ego a problem, but it is also often a fact.

Quote:
My husband doesn't have a problem with it - and he is a former Marine and "manly" crap. I think he has a strong self-esteem to begin with so he could care less if some one thought or said otherwise.
nobody is enough of a lone wolf that year upon year of constant disapproval from those around them does not have an effect.

Did your hubby retire? If so that changes everything...guys who brought in a living wage for 20 years, and set up a hefty retirement fund have already contributed a huge chunk of change, they are neither disrespected at large nor do they using have self esteem problems if they choose to be stay at home dads....this was true even 15 years ago.
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 10:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Did your hubby retire?

No just out of work due to the economy. He has begun to work from home (no income yet) as it takes time to build a base, but working on it.

It bothers him more about not contributing financially rather than being the main care giver during the day for the kids. But I don't think many people would put him down for staying at home with the kids - he has this look that can scare some one without him even saying a word - except I know him well enough that it doesn't work on me.
0 Replies