Is oceans twelve really this bad?

lovejoy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:55 pm
I just fell asleep about an hour into this film, I can't believe how amateurish the whole thing is, did all the big names in this really sell out and con the public and throw away their reputations just to make some easy money.

I'll be very wary of wasting any of my hard earned cash watching anything with the names Clooney or Pitt in it in future. If they will sink this low why don't they just stick to doing TV adverts at least it's honest work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,177 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:06 pm
I could not make it through the original Oceans Eleven. No way I was going to sample the other Oceans.
Amigo

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:06 pm
@lovejoy,
That bad ah?
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:36 pm
@Amigo,
Its a caper movie that just didnt have enough mguffins to keep it going. They wasted all their budget on the cast and had a really spotty story. All the successive Oceans are successively even more transparent.
Remember, the original Oceans 11 was a Rat Pack fest without much story.
The best little caper movie was "The Hot Rocks" dfrom back in the 70's. I hope they dont redo that one.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 01:45 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I could not make it through the original Oceans Eleven. No way I was going to sample the other Oceans.

Same here.
0 Replies

moviemania

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 12:32 am
I loved the first movie. Great popcorn flick. Ocean's Twelve is great as well. I don't understand why people say the script is bad or the film is lazy. I found it to be fast paced and very funny.
0 Replies