Droid Questions

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 07:02 am
I consider myself pretty techy when it comes to cell phones but this is only my second run at a smart phone and I am having a bit of trouble with some stuff.

1- I paired my earpiece with the phone and I can use it but I have to call first using my handset. I can't use the voice dial feature from my headset. I don't know how to fix this and I know there has to be a way to do it.

2- My bluetooth doesn't automatically kick on when my phone rings and the earpiece is turned on. I have to answer the phone and hit bluetooth to make it go.

3- I keep turning things on/off with my face during conversation and I am not sure if it's my head or if there is something I need to switch on/off to make the screen less sensitive.

4- I can't figure out how to lock the screen. It automatically does it after 1 minute but I'd like to be able to do it manually.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,431 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cmacv

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 09:44 am
@Bella Dea,
On questions 1 and 2 I can't help, I don't use bluetooth.

Question 3 when your phone is in conversation mode and tilted to your head your screen should automatically black out and be unresponsive till tilted back upright, try making a call put it up to your head and take a look at your screen it should be black, you may have a faulty unit.

Question 4 you can adjust your screen timeout in settings, sound & display, screen timeout.

0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 11:20 pm
@Bella Dea,
Regarding your question 1. The Droid will NOT make a call via a bluetooth headset. From what I gather, currently, there is not an Android OS based phone that allows for voice dialing via the headset. I have been researching this highway safety shortcoming since I bought my Droid in November. From bits and pieces I've been able to put together, the Android OS has the ability to execute this feature, but for some reason Google has it turned off. I've yet to find any information as to why. Considering many states and local areas ban cell phones while driving, I find it odd that bluetooth voice dialing does not work. However, the bluetooth headset can make a "last number dialed" phone call. Go figure. On most cars equipped with factory bluetooth, the Droid seems to work ok with them. The only complaint, many times the contacts do not move into the car's bluetooth phonebook. As to your question 2. I can answer my Droid with my headset. However, it does not ring in the headset, only the phone rings. To add to the previous post regarding question 4. Just pressing the power button for a second will turn the screen off. Pressing the power button again, the screen will come alive. You will have to use the unlock swipe once the screen turns on. Hope this helps.
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:28 am
@linmk2,
Hm, maybe my phone is defective. When I hold down the power button for a second, it doesn't sleep. It does nothing.
0 Replies