The Departed SPOILER

lovejoy

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:31 pm
There were two points I missed in this pic firstly when the shot/dying bad guy whispers to di caprio "I gave you the wrong address but you came to the right one" then dies, what did he know and how?

Second one,at the end of pic damon arrives home to meet agent waiting to kill him how did agent know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,293 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:38 pm
@lovejoy,
lovejoy wrote:
There were two points I missed in this pic firstly when the shot/dying bad guy whispers to di caprio "I gave you the wrong address but you came to the right one" then dies, what did he know and how?

He knew DiCaprio was "the rat" because he had given the wrong information to the "inside guys" so only the "outside guy" knew the right address.

lovejoy wrote:
Second one,at the end of pic damon arrives home to meet agent waiting to kill him how did agent know?

I can't remember the details of this, but I think Damon may have been the only one left who could have been "the informant"?
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 05:22 pm
so why didn't the bad guy tell his colleagues instead of dying with the knowledge intact?
rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:43 pm
@lovejoy,
lovejoy wrote:
so why didn't the bad guy tell his colleagues instead of dying with the knowledge intact?

Because he wasn't really a bad guy, he was another police informant planted in the gang.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 02:28 pm
was there anyone in this film who wasn't a police informant? I mean apart from the FBI informants?
rosborne979

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 07:12 pm
@lovejoy,
lovejoy wrote:

was there anyone in this film who wasn't a police informant? I mean apart from the FBI informants?

I don't really remember the film that well. But I think one of it's themes was that the relationship between the police and the criminals was so incestuous that the line between good and bad almost doesn't exist.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:37 pm
Matt, Leo and that other guy were the only ones who were cops.
0 Replies