Atheists ruining my Vernal Equinox

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:51 am
@DrewDad,
I feel just fine--i would suggest you're the one who needs the fiber. This thread was effectively dead until you showed up.
Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:54 am
@ebrown p,
I have absolutely no reason to assume that you understand irony, and your latest post demonstrates it. Communities of believers have in common the creeds to which they subscribe. You apparently still don't understand that the only thing that atheists have in common is the unwillingness to believe. Very, very few of the atheists i've ever met, and i've known quite a few, care whether or not idiots like you think as they do. They have been, by and large, a group notable for being comfortable with their own world view, while not being concerned with the question of whether or not others share it.

You still don't get that atheists are not a monolith of those who all believe the same thing. Once again, all they have in common is that they don't believe the god bullshit.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 10:05 am
@Setanta,
So... you're jealous that I got a response after you failed to get one, or what?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:03 pm
@Setanta,
Is it part of being an atheist in USA to use foul language like idiot and bullshit and other words like that when talking to a believer or talking about religion?
Just a question out of curiousity as you happen to do it more often than not.

I only know one Swedish atheist and he is very softspoken and polite.
Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:18 pm
@saab,
I don't know that a native English speaker would consider idiot to be "foul language." Insulting, certainly, but not foul. Many native English speakers might consider bullshit to be foul language, but so what? I didn't call Brown an idiot--i specifically stated that the rant, what he wrote, is idiotic, and i see no reason to change that judgment. So, for example, i consider your unsubstantiated assertion that i "d0 it more often than not" to be idiotic, while not necessarily considering you an idiot. After all, people can say idiotic things (as you have done here) without being idiots.

You seem not to have understood what i told Brown. Atheists are not people who have anything in common other than an unwillingness to believe the god bullshit. Otherwise, they can be, and in my experience are, as diverse a group as one is ever likely to encounter. I contrasted this with a community of believers in which all the members at least ostensibly believe in the same creed. Maybe if you think about it for a while, you can understand that distinction.
Francis

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:31 pm
Saab wrote:
I only know one Swedish atheist and he is very softspoken and polite.
Well, I usually am too, except when it comes to bible babblers. I then can use very foul language..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:40 pm
@saab,
well jesus ******* christ, if idiots didn't preach such bullshit while buggering and beating children no one would pay any attention to them.
Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:51 pm
@dyslexia,
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:54 pm
@dyslexia,
I don't believe that atheist and idiot are opposites.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:42 pm
@Setanta,
I fully agree with you - your language is more insulting than foul.

Certain small Christian groups - guess what Francis would call bible babblers - have not continued the tradition of the creeds. The Orthodox Churches have one variation in the Nicene creed, which many traditional churches have as an alternative form.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:31 pm
Yes, well, when someone posts idiotic drivel such as Brown produced here, my intention is to be insulting. He deserves it, and even more so because he is so morally sanctimonious.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:00 pm
I see why we need the extra fibre around here.
Too much irony.
0 Replies