New Human Group?

DrewDad

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 04:19 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

yeah Finn is an interesting person for sure.

With such a diverse range of interests. They include such things as telling people they're stupid and STFU.
High Seas

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 03:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Fast computers arent the limiting thing (are wew seeing our worlds problems as a nail?) Wink .

Guilty as charged on that one. Your explanation was very clear - or I'm confident it will be as soon as I look up all the terms. As to your next question, on the genome, essentially the answer is yes. Emphatically yes. Medics here have been prosecuted for, e.g. conducting autopsies without prior consent on Alzheimer patients and supplying brain slices to pharmaceutical researchers for drug-testing purposes. In some countries which shall remain un-named, you can pretty much specify what you're looking for - their death row prisoners can probably provide a match. That's contrary to our ethics and our sense of "what's right", not to mention any number of our laws, but you see how it would speed up research results - even with slower processing speeds.
Ionus

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 10:06 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
Medics here have been prosecuted for, e.g. conducting autopsies without prior consent on Alzheimer patients and supplying brain slices to pharmaceutical researchers for drug-testing purposes.
Good to see things have changed since the renaissance when they used to steal corpses and Christianity was removed from power. Very Happy

There is a lot of research that is ignored because it is not published in english. Russian research on viruses to kill bacteria was poh-pahed by western doctors who said they already knew all that...but still they wont use viruses to save lives. It would have to be done locally at a hospital level and there is no money for large corporations in that whilst there is the capability for viruses to replace drugs to control infections, especially post operative. Clearly not a desirable outcome for drug companies.

The Chinese bill the family of the executed criminal for the bullet and donate the body to organ transplants and research. Survival in the pharmaceutical world, as in the natural world, is to the fittest and sentiment be dammed.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 09:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

I believe in a very dynamic God but am not an adherent of any earthly faith. I am, however, quite tolerant of all earthly faiths and believe them to be, in the main, entirely positive elements of human society.

Ah yes, I've found his totem:

http://www.dreamstime.com/hundred-dollar-bills-thumb8205943.jpg

Highly dynamic indeed.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 07:10 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

yeah Finn is an interesting person for sure.

With such a diverse range of interests. They include such things as telling people they're stupid and STFU.

STFU you stupid clown.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 03:12 pm
And then there are the Teapartiers.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 03:19 pm
@JLNobody,
they would be of the species Homo Notsosapiens
0 Replies