Publishing a booklet

jgibson

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:58 pm
I'm in charge of putting together a booklet for a fundraising event. Can anyone tell me where the title page goes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,358 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Charli

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 10:10 pm
BOOKLET TITLE PAGE
Open the booklet and the right-hand page (recto) is the Title Page. Think of that as page one, and page two (left-hand page or verso) can be blank or list the date and/or credits. Do you need a Table of Contents? That would be page three (recto). An Introduction would be on page five (recto). Page seven (recto) would begin the body of the booklet: Advertisements, etc. What kind of an organization is this a fund raising for? Good luck in your endeavor! [/color]
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 10:19 pm
Hi! Welcome to the wacky world of publishing.

From the Chicago Manual of Style 15th editition chapter 1, verse 4, page 4:

Outline of divisions and parts. The interior of a printed book usually comprises three major divisions: the front matter, the text, and the back matter....Some parts have alternative placements. Few books contain all the parts, and some books have parts not listed. Lowercase roman numerals are assigned to pages in the front matter. Starting pages that cannot be determined in MS because of the variable lengths of certain parts are simply indicated as recto, the righthand page being the traditional choice. Note that every page is counted in the page sequence, even those on which no number actually appears, such as the title and half-title pages, copyright page, and blank pages.

Front matter

Book half title i
Series title, frontispiece, or blank ii
Title page iii
Copyright page iv
Dedication v
Epigraph v or vi
(Table of) Contents v or vii
(List of) Illustrations recto or verso
(List of) Tables recto or verso
Foreword recto
Preface recto
Acknowledgments (if not part of preface) recto
Introduction (if not in back matter) recto
Abbreviations (if not in back) recto or verso
Chronology (if not in back) recto
Second half title recto

Well, I hope this is clearer than mud to you. Do ask if you have a follow-up question. No problem. There are some experts at this forum who can help.

Welcome to able2know! And good luck with your project.
0 Replies