what are the odds that there is life on Europa (Moon of Saturn) and why don't we go to it?

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 02:47 pm
I think that by hearing that there is water and water ice there- an atmosphere 125miles high and full of oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen. We should be in Europa, and sampling the water. Why dont we go there. If its to do with time and fuel, why dont we use nuclear fusion or the same amount of stuff we put in the Voyager? I mean .. that goes fast.
I really want to go there when I grow up- do you also have any words of wisdom as to how I could achieve this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,830 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ANGLICANTHAI

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 03:05 pm
@ANGLICANTHAI,
Feel free to reply..
jespah

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 03:51 pm
@ANGLICANTHAI,
Voyager goes fast but ... how far away is Europa?

We are talking about a trip that takes years, assuming everything goes absolutely, perfectly right.

These things cost money. And, unfortunately, they often cost lives if we go too quickly and without proper prep work.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't go, but we tend to send probes to these things first. Plus, it might be a radiation nightmare. You wanna volunteer for a trip that'll take years, assuming you make it all, perhaps find out there ain't nothin' exciting there, and then, oh yeah, you get to die there of radiation sickness?

Yeah. This may be why people aren't all lining up to volunteer 'n stuff.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:02 pm
@ANGLICANTHAI,
ANGLICANTHAI wrote:

I think that by hearing that there is water and water ice there- an atmosphere 125miles high and full of oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen. We should be in Europa, and sampling the water. Why dont we go there. If its to do with time and fuel, why dont we use nuclear fusion or the same amount of stuff we put in the Voyager? I mean .. that goes fast.
I really want to go there when I grow up- do you also have any words of wisdom as to how I could achieve this?

You'll probably have to blaze your own trail to make that trip happen. Learn lots of science and hold onto your dream. Work for it.

Robots will probably make it to Europa before we do.

I would love to know what's up there. I hope I live long enough for you to make it a reality for me. Good luck.
High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:31 pm
@rosborne979,
Europa is a moon of Jupiter. Depending on our respective planets' orbital paths it's between half an hour to almost an hour away - at the speed of light. Now that we got the location straight, you can work out the transportation logistics Smile
0 Replies

hater

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:26 pm
@ANGLICANTHAI,
the chance is -10000000 percent. why dont we go there? dumbass we could never make it there. you have no concept of how far jupiter is. ps its jupiters moon not saturns dumbass
0 Replies