The CAMP Treaty of 2010: The Cameron AntiMegablockbuster Pledge Treaty Thread

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:01 pm
In my cinema going life, I have been burned twice by James Cameron and his deluded disciples. Employing forceful peer pressure, his blind followers use their plaintive pleading propaganda lines like "You have to see Titanic" or "You haven't lived until you've seen Avatar on the big screen in 3D!" Never again!

So I feel compelled to write this online pledge in order to save the cinematic souls of as many people I can. Perhaps if we get a large enough population to sign this pledge we can prevent James Cameron from producing, directing, writing, or even mentoring others in making Avatar 2 or any other soulless and fatally flawed megablockbuster that he feels compelled to have made.

Quote:
I, [state your name here], a moviegoer and lover of all things film, solemnly swear to never preorder, buy, attempt to win in a contest, have someone else buy me a theater ticket for any future released as well as purchase, attempt to win, have someone else buy me tickets to any theatrically rereleased James Cameron megablockbuster films, (films on the ambition and/or production budget scales of Titanic (1997) or Avatar (2009)).

I will not attend nor encourage others to attend any Avatar sequel or prequel. I pledge to openly condemn any of the director's attempts to make a Titanic sequel or prequel.

I will also not preorder, purchase, borrow, accept as a gift, or rent any James Cameron future or past megablockbuster film in any form: DVD, Bluray Disc, illegal or legal online download, or any future media format yet to be invented.

I solemnly swear if I receive a ticket or a DVD, a Bluray disc, or any future media format yet to be invented as a gift from either friend or enemy, I will irrevocably destroy it while having the destruction of said item documented on video (MP4 or similar format) and uploaded to youtube or other popular public online video distribution site.

Methods disc/ticket destruction may include disc/paper shredder, microwave oven [for the discs], consumption by fire, etc....

If we are to make this pledge official (say publish it on http://www.petitiononline.com/) I would need further editing advice to the above pledge so we can weed out any possible legal loopholes any signee can find in order to break their all important promise against Cameron's further endeavors into horribly overblown and overproduced cinema trash.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,176 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
I wouldnt call it a pledge. I would call it a Statutory Declaration or the US equivalent, which as a standard legal document also carries penalties for inaccuracy or failue to comply seperate from those specified.

You need a space for the signature and date as well as that of the witness, and the address of both. It might also be appropriate to list what laws this is based on.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 05:00 pm
@Ionus,
At this point? Do I need to hire a full time contract lawyer to help write this petition?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 05:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
You've got my unconditional support, tsar. I haven't seen Avatar. One of the reasons for my reluctance to see it is the fact that it was directed by the same person who desecrated the memory of those who died in a terrible disaster at sea by filming that mega-abortion called Titanic. Stop him before he makes more movies like that!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 07:29 pm
Avatar makers consider sequel, other 3D projects

Uh oh.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 07:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
I will sign with the Titantic portion, but I would lie if my OCD didn't kick in and make me go see another movie in the Avatar realm because well, it's so much eye candy that I think mine would go into detox if I didn't see it.

Mind you I completely agree that Avatar had zero plot.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:08 pm
Sorry Tsar:

http://mashable.com/2010/03/15/titanic-3d/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+(Mashable)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:11 pm
i have never and will never see titanic

i will probably see avatar at some point, but not in 3D, not in a theatre, not even on a hi def tv i f i get the dvd (if i just happen to find a copy, i'll watch it on my ipod)
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:13 pm
@djjd62,
That has got to be the biggest insult one can give to James Cameron's ego.
Watch his $500 million dollar film on a 2 and a half inch screen!

Sock it to him djjd!!! Mad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:18 pm
I enjoyed Titanic very much. Bought the DVD and watched it some more. Plan to eventually see Avatar.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sad Say it ain't so EB Crying or Very sad
http://www.chicagohs.org/history/blacksox/gif/jackson.jpg
Seed

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
haha, to each his own Tsar.
0 Replies