Where would you travel to in the world?

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 07:00 pm
seconding Aiden's Cumberland Island wishes. I've made plans that have fallen through a few times. It's so close to me....and purportedly astonishingly pristine and teeming with fascinating creatures. Nice place to get married.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 07:12 pm
@Lash,
Well, then, the danube trip makes sense - over and up..

So, listen, call me when you are at the Hermitage, eh? Talk me through it, if not when you are experiencing it yourself, but at least when you are just out the door? (kidding, neither of us can afford it)

My friend Krista saw it a bunch of years ago and was sad at the despoliation of the years.

Which reminds me, one of my favorite tv series of all time - if only I could remember the title. Cities, perhaps, and I think it was related to Bacon's book, Cities. It had Burgess doing Rome, Greer doing Sydney, and Ustinov doing Leningrad - including the Hermitage, and several other episodes. I think of that as a priceless series. Oh, yeah, Gould and Toronto.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 07:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm counting on doing all these in time after I start working Osso. Cumberland should be relatively easy. There's only the one high end accomodation there, but you CAN sleep in a tent or do a day trip, and stay on St. Mary's nearby. Not expensive in the least that way.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 09:43 pm
@Lash,
I agree on the cumberland. My ex was particularly attracted to it, and as far as I know, never got there.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:14 pm
@Lash,
Good grief. My kids are taking me to Ireland this Christmas!!!! Will send pics. If anyone has gone and has pretty locations or awesome pub experiences to share - please share with me. I'm thinking County Cork - cause we have some family connection - (Cork City is supposed to be "happenin" and Mizen Head is a beautiful fishing village on a bay, I think. ) My son wants to stay in Dublin most of the time - I think I'll try to rent one of those tiny clown cars and drive about on the wrong side of the road... I'm in heaven. I want to see the Cliffs of Moher... I hate to be such a tourist, but I must kiss the Blarney stone.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:44 am
Fantastic!

I've kissed the Blarney Stone - it didn't work! Confused Laughing (or perhaps the Blarney wears out!)
Just about anywhere in Ireland is great.

My favourite place is Glendalough - which is on the way to Cork. It appears to me to be a place of amazing peace. I can't wait to get back (hmmm...wonder if I can detour from this years England/Scotland trip??)

One piece of advice - Don't look at the distances and think it'll take no time to get there. Everything takes longer than you expect - and that's without sightseeing! And that takes time, as well. Just wander about - don't try to see everything.

Green with envy I am.

You should give Kara a hoy - she knows quite a bit about Ireland.
0 Replies

shubhi01

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:35 pm
@jtassistant,
I would like to travel whole world with my friends.
0 Replies

pataria

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 11:06 pm
@jtassistant,
I am very fond of travelling I like to travel each and every part of the world.
0 Replies