Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 05:52 pm
@JTT,
if you say so.
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 05:56 pm
@Seed,
Well most of them time I'm pretty sure I'm just talking to myself on here, so I don't know. Oh ok I figured we were around the same age, I'm 26.
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 06:04 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
Naw someone is always listening. I sent you a PM by the way.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:20 pm
Back to Chucky baby..he won his world competitions by being very good at 4 moves...roundhouse kick, snap kick, reverse punch and jab. If he tried anything else he was so ugly he didnt look like he knew martial arts at all. But he won by being able to do those blows very fast straight after taking a severe blow. Very discouraging.

Bruce Lee started the hate Chucky movement when he got Chucky to lose in a fight in one of Bruce's movies (forgot the name)...Chucky insisted on so many things to make himself look good that Bruce decided to interweave the fight with a cat playing with a mouse.

Chucky was not pretty at martial arts, not like some Chinese practioners, but he could instantly strike back even when staggering from a big hit.

He has also made some of the worst movies EVER...he even got his son in on the act...(forgot the name of this one too) but there is one movie that his son did where the cover loudly proclaims SON OF CHUCK..it is not as bad as it sounds, it is far worse.

Happy seventy-ith birthday, Chucky !
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:27 pm
@Ionus,
Walker Texas Ranger was some good tv though!
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:29 pm
@Seed,
I was so biased against him by that stage I could never watch it.
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:35 pm
@Ionus,
I dont know how people can hate other people so much. Especially people they have never met.

I'm not pointing fingers at you. I'm just saying. Like people hate on the president and others who run for office. Sure, they are running on their parties platform, but I am sure if you were to run for office and that was your means of getting elected, you would do it as well.

Just like JTT said Chuck was a piece of ****, what did he ever do to him? I mean I doubt, though I could be wrong, that nothing Chuck has ever done has impacted him in real life. I know people hate Hitler. I don't. I mean, he did horrible, unimaginable things in his life time. But it's not for me to judge him. That will be by some one else, who has far greater an authority then I will ever have.
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:50 pm
@Seed,
I understand your point. I just think he was a rough martial artist who was a bit thuggish and made very bad movies. I dont hate him, I am just biased against him. I have seen most of his films because of number of times one of my soldiers would watch one of his movies in the "off duty" mode of standby duty and I would be forced to listen.

As for hate, I think you are correct. I liken it to us all living in the same boat and some fool runs down your end, drills a hole and races back to their end giggling. All rather counter-productive really...
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:55 pm
@Ionus,
I grew up learning martial arts when I was younger. So anything that had to do with fighting and karate I watched and ate it alive. I was a big wrestling fan when I was younger as well.

I have seen many, many of Norris' films, and you are right, the round house kick is his most loved attack, though that still never kept me from watching, as most martial arts films were never really good, just action packed.
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 08:07 pm
@Seed,
My hero is Jackie Chan... he has polish that I admire and he loves a laugh at himself. That was two things Chucky was incapaable of...Bruce was sheer speed and impact...he could kick someone in the head very hard in the same time some practioners would only be able to get out a snap punch. Also Jackie has a ton of guts...a quality I have always admired...check out some of his stunts in his early movies...AWESOME !!

Of course all martial movies are hollywoodised. Reality would be the fight over in under 3 secs and no-one saw what happened.

Did you hear what happened in Oz recently ? I crack up just thinking about it. Two guys were walking down the street in very bad drag and were attacked from behind by two homo-phobes. The two in drag had just been to a bachelor party that had gone wrong (as they tend to do) and resulted in these two guys looking for more booze and in drag. When the Police showed up they had the two unconscious bodies of the assailants lying on the footpath and a dozen people saying they had started it. They had attacked two of our finest cage fighters !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Tears of laughter....
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 08:12 pm
@Ionus,
Oh I love Jackie Chan. I have several of his older movies. I enjoy them more then I enjoy his newer films. Though when i saw he was the lead role in the new Karate Kid remake (after not hearing who would play mr. miogy) I decided that even if the film was going to kill the original I had to watch it, just because of Jackie.

One of my favorite things about his old movies, like Operation Condor, and Rumble in the Bronx, Drunken Master, and the likes are his bloopers at the end of the film. He puts so much into his films and does almost all of his own stunts.
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 08:20 pm
@Seed,
When my son was six he thought City Hunter was the greatest movie ever....
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 08:24 pm
@Ionus,
how old is your son now?
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:20 pm
@Seed,
I have males 21, 19, 11 and 10 and a girl 17. It was the youngest one who really liked Jackie.
Did you like the story of the homophobes attacking the cage fighters ? I think that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I reckon they will think twice before beating up a poof. When they get out of jail for assault. They showed a security video of it. Hitting the cage fighters as hard as they could in the back of the head and all it did was get their attention. What a hoot !!
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:22 pm
@Ionus,
haha yea, I saw that, just forgot to comment on it. That's why I don't pick fights. Though I did watch this really feminine gay guy beat the ever loving crap out of a drunk guy at the bar one night.
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:27 pm
@Seed,
Yeah...I just love to see a bully get floored. There was only one fight in my highschool that I was not involved in, and I was always in a fight to stop a bully. They are cowards. I was bullied in primary school, till I just decided to die by bully. Every day I flew into him at every chance I got. I was an awful mess, but soon he asked me to stop. No-one ever bullied me again for the rest of my life.
Seed

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:32 pm
@Ionus,
I was in a lot of fights as well. Mostly all over my sister. She was two years older then I, and was the subject of boys talking about her in a rather unflattering way. So I would sock them in the mouth. I stuck up for kids as well. I was friends with just about everyone. (It helped that I moved so much and that the people I fought one year would be in another district the next.) If I saw a kid getting shoved in a locker I would do my best to help him out. (I'm a small guy, only 5'7 and in high school was probably only 5'5 but I packed a punch.)
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 11:01 pm
@Seed,
Glad to hear you stuck up for your sister and others. I sympathise entirely.

Quote:
I'm a small guy, only 5'7 and in high school was probably only 5'5 but I packed a punch.
I have only been beaten in one fight, and that was a 5'5" kid at school. I was 5'10"at the time. But it made me realise how good a boxer could be, so I went off to the PCYC and learnt boxing. Throughout my life I studied every kind of fighting there is, except cage fighting which was really invented after I was way past being young enough to fight. It was no surprise to anyone at the school reunion that I was in the Army .

A lot of experience has taught me never never underestimate your opponent.With luck, anyone can win and no-one has a head hard enough to resist a good hit.
Philis

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 04:09 am
Lone Wolf McQuade joined the Air Force from 1968-1974 and was in the Korean war.
He is a born again Christian.
He was good friends with Steve McQueen and taught Steve Karate.
He went to Hamilton Junior High School in Houston, Texas in the early 1960s before moving to Torrance, California at age 12.
Had a hip replacement in 2009.
Born Carlos Ray Norris inRyan, OK. 1940.
In 1968, he became the Professional World Middleweight Karate Champion, holding the title undefeated until he retired in 1974.
He is a black belt in Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do.
In 1969, he earned the Triple Crown for the highest number of tournament wins.
By the time he was 34, Norris had established 32 karate schools.
Chuck was the first Westerner to be awarded an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwan Do.
Among the numerous titles he won:
The National Karate Championships (1966),
All-Star Championships (1966),
World Middleweight Karate Championship (1967),
All-American Karate Championship (1967),
Internationals (1968),
World Professional Middleweight Karate Championship ,
All-American Championship (1968),
National Tournament of Champions (1968),
American Tang Soo Championship,
and
The North American Karate Championship.

His last movie was in 1991, "The Hitman."

Married two times with 4 kids, 3 grandkids, still married to second wife, 1998-present, 2 kids.
First wife - Dec 29, 1958 - 1989 (divorced) 2 children.