For President: Chck Norris

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:19 pm
CNN) " Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House.

Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote. “Let there be no doubt about that.”

Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Save your Texas money, boys. The republic's gonna rise again. - edgarblythe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,380 • Replies: 16
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Er, just what would the state of Texas do if the going got rough in America? Is it possible he's taken too many kicks to the head? Joe Lewis and those gosh darn side kicks, maybe?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:42 pm
Chuckie boy might be surprised at the number of people in this country who would respond to a move to secede by Texas with: "Don't let the door hit ya in the ass."
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:44 pm
@Setanta,
Hey now. Texas adds quite a bit to the union to just give away so casually.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Annoyance is your most important product . . .
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:46 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Annoyance is your most important product . . .

Sure, but the physical resources! You need Texans to relocate, not Texas to secede.

Unless the new people who moved in just turned out the same way. Maybe it's in the water...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:51 pm
I think it's cultural, Boss, not in the water. Some of the worst Tejanos, the most annoying, are usually transplants from somewhere else. I wouldn't want to see Tejas secede, but it wouldn't bother me much if they did. Most of y'all may be nice folks--in fact, very likely are. But there are enough loud-mouthed Texans who have spoiled it for for the rest of you.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:58 pm
Texas should hook up with Quebec:

Quexas......
dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:31 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

Texas should hook up with Quebec:

Quexas......
tejas should hook up with Oklahoma (allowing the sane to escape) to form a 4th world nation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:36 pm
With the economic fires waging across the United States, there will be no money left to fulfill the promises made of retirement benefits and retirement health care in the very near future. The only solution left for Texans who want a solvent future is independence. It's time to get off of the not-so-merry-go-round before the entire Ponzi scheme collapses and takes us with it.
http://www.texasnationalist.com/tnm/index.php?option=com_quickfaq&view=items&cid=1:general-questions&id=32:iwhen-we-obtain-our-indepence-will-we-have-to-forfeit-social-security-and-medicare-benefits-from-the-us&Itemid=87
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:54 pm
I think Chuck Norris has a few screws loose. Of course, I wouldn't say that to his face.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 04:51 am
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:

I think Chuck Norris has a few screws loose. Of course, I wouldn't say that to his face.

You better not, sucker.
On the other hand, a sane Texan such as Kinky Friedman, or a genius like George Bush would fit the bill very well.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 05:30 am
Ooooo . . . that would be cool . . . an independent Tejas, with Dubya as the first President (not exactly Sam Houston, but what the hell) . . . i bet we could hear EB screaming all the way up here . . .
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 05:38 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ooooo . . . that would be cool . . . an independent Tejas, with Dubya as the first President (not exactly Sam Houston, but what the hell) . . . i bet we could hear EB screaming all the way up here . . .

What - You don't think Bush is good?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 01:58 pm
Good for what, EB?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 02:56 pm
Even the stuff you wipe off your shoe can be good for aomething.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 05:23 pm
@edgarblythe,

Somebody has to take the fall when the new government fails. Bush is an expert at it.
0 Replies