MY SOON TO BE EX WIFE DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO SEE MY SON .

JPM1006

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 04:29 pm
I WANT TO SEE MY SON BUT MY EX SPOUSE WILL DO SO UNTIL THERE IS SOME LEGAL DOCUMENT FORCING HER TO LET ME SEE HIM. WHERE CAN I GO TO DO THAT AND HHOW MUCH WLL IT COST?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,561 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 04:32 pm
@JPM1006,
Call your local family court and ask for advice on getting legal aid. You can find the courts number on-line or in the blue pages of the phone book. You can also consult with a private lawyer, but they bill by the hour and you would have to ask what they charge. It will vary.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 04:54 pm
@JPM1006,
In your posting header you call her your soon to be ex-wife and in the body of the posting you imply she is already your ex-wife.

In any case in the divorce your rights to visitation would normally be set up by the courts along with child support and other such matters.

Without any court rulings and you are still married your rights to the child should be the same as hers.

I would suggest seeing a lawyer no matter how you do it. and some lawyers will give you some free time at a first meeting.

0 Replies

bmcc9562

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 06:18 pm
@JPM1006,
File a petition for custody and visitation with your local Juvenile and Domestic relations court. Once you do that, they will send you and her a copy of the along with the date for the hearing. Before the hearing date comes, you will get a letter stating you have to attend mediation(depending on what state you reside in). Be sure to attend mediation and know exactly what you want.(sole or joint custody, specific visitation schedule including holidays and birthdays etc).Hopefully thing go well in mediation and you two reach an agreement. if not you will have the hearing a few weeks later. The hearing will be about 10 minutes long, if that. It's simply to give the judge an understanding of the situation. He will then give you a date for you trial. He may also appoint a guardian ad litem(A lawyer who will represent the best interest of your child) if necessary. Good luck. I'm going throught it nlw and it is emotionally draining, so prepare yourself.
0 Replies