Do nice shoes ALWAYS hurt?

ehBeth

Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:43 am
@Setanta,
see ya bye
0 Replies

Irishk

Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:54 am
Dolly Parton (as Truvy in Steel Magnolias), "In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight."
0 Replies

roger

Tue 23 Feb, 2010 03:12 pm
@chai2,
Definately. I've never been hurt by SAS. Doc Martin, Ecco, and Rockport won't work for me. When I get one large enough in the toe box, there is way too much movement in the heel area. Now, if SAS would just whack about $100.00 off the price. . . .
0 Replies

fabshoe25

Mon 5 Dec, 2011 07:33 pm
Not all the time, probably. The higher the quality of the shoe the more comfortable it may bring. So, it would really depend on the brand. There are many wedge shoes that are nice in style and at the same time comfortable to wear,. Try one!
0 Replies

margo

Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:04 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Those pointy shoes women wear hurt the most. They leave quite an impression on my back side.

I wouldn't dream of kicking someone while wearing pointy shoes. The accompanying stiletto heels make me feel a bit unbalanced when I swing my kicking leg.

I usually console myself by stomping of the offender's foot with my stilettos. Much safer for me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:38 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I was just going to mention Franco Sartos. I'm wearing a gorgeous pair of their Yves shoes in purple leather and suede right now. Always comfortable.

coincidentally I was wearing these again today. So comfy.

I've got 4 pairs of Franco Sartos under my desk at work. Always reliable for me - even with fairly substantial heels.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Tue 6 Dec, 2011 05:30 am
Check out the Easy Spirit anti-gravity line. I have two pair of sandals, and two pair of athletic shoes of this type, and they are wonderful. There is something in the heel, that causes you to feel like you are "walking on air".

And no, I do not buy spike heels with pointy toes.....................any more. Years ago, I used to, but they killed my feet. Shoes being scrunched in a configuration that is against your natural foot, will eventually make a mess of them.

Actually, for about 6 months, in the '70's, there was a style that was absolutely perfect. It had a rounded toe, and very high heel, but the heel was thick. I could run around in them all day, with no discomfort. Unfortunately, they went out of style before they wore out!
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 14 Jan, 2012 07:03 am
My friend in Cali emailed me a photo of her new shoes. They do look nice but not sure I could walk in them.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1844/shoeo.jpg

We wear these around the house, kind of ugly but sure are comfortable and warm on the hardwood floors.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7687/shoesrt.jpg
0 Replies

thecleedus01

Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:02 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Check the quality of the shoe. And also do not wear a shoe with worn out heel.
0 Replies

thecleedus01

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 12:58 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Take care of your feet before its too late. I agree with other answers that If there is a regular problem with you wearing one side of your shoe well before the other, you should probably consider a gait assessment.. However you can also try a ballerina flat.
Phoenix32890

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:42 am
@thecleedus01,
If you have back problems, a very flat shoe can just exacerbate the problem. Nowadays, even the majority of bedroom slippers are very flat. I have thrown out quite a few of them, because of back issues.

I used to wear a Daniel Green slipper that had a wedge. They have cheapened the slipper so much that not only do a have to buy a size and width larger than usual, but the damn things wear out in a few months.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:44 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
All my shoes always hurt.
My shoes never hurt.
I try them on b4 buying them.

David
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:11 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I was just going to mention Franco Sartos. I'm wearing a gorgeous pair of their Yves shoes in purple leather and suede right now. Always comfortable.

Are these the one's you're talking about?

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID15086/images/Yves_-_$99_95.jpg
margo

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 03:43 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

Are these the one's you're talking about?

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID15086/images/Yves_-_$99_95.jpg

I want those!
ehBeth

Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:00 am
@margo,
mine are purple suede and purple leather, but they are that exact style

still insanely comfortable 4 years after I first posted about them
0 Replies

AlanGloud

Tue 19 Apr, 2016 02:28 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
I dont know if you have ever tried going for Wooden clogs.
They are so comfortable and supportive of your feet. So your question of "Does nice shoes always hurt" is solved I suppose because clogs are very stylish, they have all the rage that a nice pair of shoes should have.
saab

Tue 19 Apr, 2016 02:30 am
@AlanGloud,
Clogs can also hurt and not fit. So your spam about comfortable and supportive does not fit all feet.
margo

Tue 19 Apr, 2016 06:36 am
@saab,
..and clogs certainly do not fit any definition of "nice".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 15 May, 2016 01:58 pm
Odd that I didn't respond in this thread. I must have gone on and on about my feet, sometime earlier than the thread was posted, and so was quiet and listened to others.

One time years ago I was in San Francisco with a guy I was crazy about and we walked the city. Not every street and hill, but a lot of them over a few days. I now forget what the shoes were, since this was in the 70's, but on the last day I could hardly walk. I visited the office of an orthopedic surgeon I knew. He took a foot xray of some sort. Told me that I had high arches and needed entirely different shoes, and suggested running shoes. Told me that people with quite high arches tend to slap their feet (probably where the metatarsals meet and greet each other), that our feet don't roll as naturally as others do.

All I could find in the stores back then were men's running shoes. I bought a pair of men's Adidas (not sure if I told them I needed cushioning and arch support, but my feet felt better almost immediately, do maybe I did.

By that time I had already stopped wearing very high heels (very high heels to me means 4"). Some time after that, I started jogging and found my best shoes to be Nike Air Max. They still are, but there are some other athletic shoes that are also ok for me. I had read up in Runners' World all about shoes...

This also affected my choice of dress shoes and later work shoes - a lot of hospital people back then wore Danskos, being on their feet pretty much all day long. Danskos are perfect for my feet, pricy to me, but worth it. I'm up to wearing a 9 equivalent now (a Dansko 40); will try a 41 next time I shop. I shop via our local REI store (they tend to have online sales). I think they might not be right for everybody else's feet.
I later wore Danskos "in the field", as in mapping landscapes. They can take wear and tear.

All these years later, my feet are in pretty good shape, knock on wood.
0 Replies

AlanGloud

Mon 16 May, 2016 06:43 am
"Do nice shoes ALWAYS hurt? " WRONG!!
Haven't you heard about the footwear called Wooden Clogs?
They have ample arch support and look very elegant.