What is your Faith ?

Greyfan

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:14 pm
JLNobody wrote:

Quote:
Greyfan, if you get the prize you have to share it with me. Our profiles are very similar. You know, of course, that we are going to Hell?

I have been so informed. But usually not by another Secular Humanist! :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 12:40 pm
truth
Embarrassed
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 02:10 am
Asherman wrote:
Ah, but you do have faith Grand Duke. You have faith that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow. Presumably faith the we exist in a material world governed by the laws of physics, at least so far as we know them.

Wel... I think I won't call it as faith. The sun has been rising in the east consistently in the past and so there is no reason for me to believe that it will not do so tomorrow. If there is even a single instance when it has failed to do so, I'll stop accepting the phenomenon as given.

As for material world governed by laws of physics, it has nothing to do with what is real and what is not. The world might be real or an illusion, a dream, whatever it is, it follows these laws. If it is an illusion, then the illusion follows these laws. The laws only model what we perceive around us. And they are remarkably consistent in doing so. The moment there is a single discrepancy, either the law will be modified or discarded. Thats the "basis" for accepting these theories. They are predictable, verifiable and repeatable.
0 Replies