Stupid Question I know ... is there no "search" function dooh-dah?

Heeven

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:44 pm
I know I haven't been around in a while (long time) and many changes have happened with the format but the only way I could find ANYTHING was the search function. I remember that it was taken off with the re-jigging but if there is no "Search" button, is there any other (easy) way for me to find something? I know there are tags and topics but what if I am wanting to search all posts for a name or word? I just spent hours looking for something specific and can't find it, scrolling through loads of various topics/posts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,016 • Replies: 9
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:46 pm
@Heeven,
hello heeven

there's still the search box in the upper right corner (next to Start a Discussion), where you can search for thread titles

also if you click on Popular, you can search all tags

0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:58 pm
Heeven!
How ya been?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:01 pm
@Heeven,
Hey Heeven

If you know who started the discussion that you are specifically looking for, then check their profile and "their topics"... and you may be able to see it more easily there.

Good to see ya back Very Happy
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:09 pm
Hello mes amies. I am good. Have been a busy bee with stuff going on here and there. Still working hard. Met a new(ish) man and enjoying him immensely (poor guy). Had some (minor) surgery and feeling like a spring chicken again! I repeat, poor guy!..... All is good.
Letty

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:29 pm
@Heeven,
emu, Welcome back. Do you still ski? Razz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:43 pm
@Heeven,
Yeah, that search box up there is a little weak, but better than nothing. It would be much better if you could specify both keyword and user name. It just doesn't, so you're left with remembering a really unique keyword or topic. That is almost the only thing I miss from the old format.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:05 pm
I have a nice big search engine you can use anytime you want. It's in my pants. Just reach in and tug the lever a few times while squeezing the sack on the bottom. I promise you'll find what you need.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:16 pm
Hey, heeven. Very good to see you back here. If you figure out how to search around here, please let me know. I can't find a damned thing.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:57 am
Thanks guys. I do miss that search function. Ah well. Nice to "see" you all again. Kicky, you devil. Missed your shenanigans!
0 Replies