Welcome Motorola Droid Dudes and Dudettes

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:46 am
@farmerman,
I'm gonna hafta find out what in hell a motorola droid IS.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:47 am
Are all those pretty young ladies showing at the bottom of the screen Droid? Cool. Welcome Droids. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 06:47 am
@dlowan,
Could you fill me in on the details when you find out, please?
djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 07:06 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 07:54 am
Kraftwerk ? ! ? ! ?

Crypto-Nazi Satanist Commie Paedophile Line Jumpers ! ! !

Save us ! ! !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 07:56 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Could you fill me in on the details when you find out, please?

Just Google it hon.

It's like an iphone, but apparently different.

(That should spark a droid response, and an explanation...perhaps many explanations...likely in very High Techese,)

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/Motorola-DROID-US-EN
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 08:22 am
Well, based on the thread that DavidJ7 started, i'm going to assume that these "dudes and dudettes" did not know this was coming.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 08:29 am
It's only a matter of time until the storm troopers show up.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:22 am
@DrewDad,
I think they (stormtroopers) are a bit busy bashing over in the religious threads right now.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:27 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

I think they (stormtroopers) are a bit busy bashing over in the religious threads right now.

They find your lack of faith disturbing.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:41 am
Pleasure to meet you folks.
Free pizza Mondays, and the swimming pool is open twenty four seven.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:28 am
As a "senior member" of the old Droid Motorola site, I must say "Fresh Fish" indeed. I feel like a fish out of water here. We were not asked, we were not warned... I feel like we were hijacked. We didn't WANT a social club, we wanted a small, concentrated network of dedicated Droiders. And we had that. Now I don't know WHAT we have. I only hope whatever happened can be reversed, and quickly. Nothing personal, folks, but we I think I speak for all of us on the old site when I say "Bring back DroidMotorola.com!"
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:32 am
@The Chief,
The Chief wrote:

As a "senior member" of the old Droid Motorola site, I must say "Fresh Fish" indeed. I feel like a fish out of water here. We were not asked, we were not warned... I feel like we were hijacked. We didn't WANT a social club, we wanted a small, concentrated network of dedicated Droiders. And we had that. Now I don't know WHAT we have. I only hope whatever happened can be reversed, and quickly. Nothing personal, folks, but we I think I speak for all of us on the old site when I say "Bring back DroidMotorola.com!"

There is a lot of things here that go beyond the social realm. don't underestimate the technical savvy of A2K. You might find some good resources here.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:37 am
@The Chief,
Chief, I know this place must feel like a new Universe coming from the intimate social club you describe. You could set up a single thread for yourself and companions and hunker down away from the rest of the traffic. We've had various groups do so quite successfully. For the longest time we had a group devoted to a contest Marlboro was sponsoring. A few on the thread ventured out, but most stayed exclusively in their own space within their own social network and interest.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:40 am
@The Chief,
The Chief wrote:
As a "senior member" of the old Droid Motorola site, I must say "Fresh Fish" indeed. I feel like a fish out of water here. We were not asked, we were not warned... I feel like we were hijacked.

Sorry about that. I'd planned this very differently but was required to rush things due to software licensing issues and obligations I had to the former owner that changed my timeline unexpectedly.

Quote:
We didn't WANT a social club, we wanted a small, concentrated network of dedicated Droiders. And we had that. Now I don't know WHAT we have.

Well it's only been a few hours, I'd give it a chance before you write it off. Soon you'll have a guy named Hawkeye taking up your cause (despite no knowledge of it) like a crusade, for that alone it will be worth sticking around. I'm going to do my best to provide you the niche you want here, and before we get carried away the old forum was a few months old itself and was barely active at all (it would sometimes go without any posts at all in a day). Part of what I am doing here is consolidating our forums for the network effect. I was also looking at another android forum to merge with (it wasn't Droid, but it was G1) and will continue to try to boost the activities on our forums by consolidating them here and I think that once we make some of the software tweaks we have planned to better support niche enclaves you'll be much better off here than on the old, nearly-inactive, forums.

Quote:
I only hope whatever happened can be reversed, and quickly. Nothing personal, folks, but we I think I speak for all of us on the old site when I say "Bring back DroidMotorola.com!"

Sorry, but this is just not in the cards. To begin with, I can't operate the site under that domain anymore as it contains trademarked terms and could be taken away from me at Motorola first inclination.
The Chief

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:54 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks for the fast reply. I guess change is inevitable. I didn't mean to come across as childish, but we were in a groove over there. Oh well, maybe we can spread the Droid gospel so to speak LOL and bring some curious forum members into the Droid fold. For the uninitiated, it is an amazing device, basically a palm-sized PC and GPS that happens to make phone calls. You can't go wrong with a Droid at your side, as it has saved my hide several times while out and about. I just hope my fellow Droiders come on along for the ride.
sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:57 am
@The Chief,
I hope so too, looking forward to meeting them.

I currently have a Blackberry and am happy with it but got it more for the good deal than anything else, my husband needs a phone (yes, he has made it to February 17th 2010 without owning a cell phone) and I'm interested in learning more.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:58 am
@The Chief,
The Chief wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply. I guess change is inevitable. I didn't mean to come across as childish, but we were in a groove over there.

I completely dig and combined with waking up to it without a word it certainly can be a dramatic context change.

Quote:
Oh well, maybe we can spread the Droid gospel so to speak LOL and bring some curious forum members into the Droid fold. For the uninitiated, it is an amazing device, basically a palm-sized PC and GPS that happens to make phone calls. You can't go wrong with a Droid at your side, as it has saved my hide several times while out and about. I just hope my fellow Droiders come on along for the ride.

Well I'm an iPhone guy right now (as in I use one) but just can't wait to be able to make the switch to the open android platform myself.

I think the droid and nexus one hardware blow the iphone out of the water, but I'm still waiting on the app ecosystem to catch up. Right now I can play Civilization and EA's Fifa on the iPhone but I don't think the android market is there yet.

So I'm counting on you guys to keep me updated and let me know when it is, the day I can get those major titles on Android is the day I'll ditch my phone and switch platforms.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:00 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
(yes, he has made it to February 17th 2010 without owning a cell phone)

Quite impressive Soz... -golf clap!-

I as well will be getting a droid. Right now I am stuck with a LG Env Touch. Not a fan of it anymore
The Chief

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:12 am
@Seed,
I think you'll really enjoy the Droid. With over 30,000 apps in the app market - and more being introduced constantly - the phone seemingly reinvents itself every day! I am never bored with the Motorola Droid. Well worth the expense and the network simply rocks.