kbmagic

Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:28 am
I'm a new android user. Picked up my Verizon 'Droid' on Friday. I tried to look for themes, backgrounds, wall paper in the market place but the search mechanism wasn't so great.

Anyone have a favorite source for backgrounds/themes yet?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 8,740 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

cmacv

Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:36 am
@kbmagic,
for my wallpapers and ringtones i use http://www.phonezoo.com/home.do i can make any image online a wallpaper or any audio sound clip or song a ringtone i just save the pic to my desktop so its easy for me to find and upload it to phonezoo and than they send it to my phone via text message. and its free unless you dont have a text message plan. i made this one for my girlfriends phone

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2640/chyennep.jpg
Shot at 2009-08-04
0 Replies

cmacv

Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:49 am
@kbmagic,
its crystal clear just bad focus job and lighting

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7113/video10000021.jpg
0 Replies

kbmagic

Tue 10 Nov, 2009 11:41 am
@kbmagic,
cool thanks, I'll check it out!
YankeeDudeL

Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:40 pm
@kbmagic,
Zedge.net has quite a few Droid wallpapers and also does ringtones and themes.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Fri 13 Nov, 2009 02:19 pm
@kbmagic,
so...since i have yet to upgrade...ive noticed a bunch of you saying you have come to the forum via your Droid. does that mean you can click the links other people have provided in these posts on your droid and make the wallpapers/ringtones/etc work easier that way vs. on a normal PC then connecting via USB? just wondering.
YankeeDudeL

Fri 13 Nov, 2009 03:22 pm
@saintlewi,
Haven't tried it that way, yet, so good question. I've just saved each pic to my pc and transferred via USB. It's simple enough, that even I can do it.
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:05 pm
@saintlewi,
saintlewi;871 wrote:
so...since i have yet to upgrade...ive noticed a bunch of you saying you have come to the forum via your Droid. does that mean you can click the links other people have provided in these posts on your droid and make the wallpapers/ringtones/etc work easier that way vs. on a normal PC then connecting via USB? just wondering.

Yes. It has a full HTML browser so you can actually use it like you would on a pc.
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:29 pm
@kbmagic,
I don't know if this is a tip or a trick, but whatever:

I had an issue this morning while searching through the Mabilo Ringtone app. Basically, everything went black except for the notification bar. I was able to back out of the app, and when I went back, it wouldn't search. I had considered maybe reinstalling the app, so I went to the Market and I couldn't pull anything up. Went back to the Home screen and just hit an app (Maps). That wasn't working right, either.

So, I shut off my WiFi and switched to 3G. Everything was back to normal. I'm now back on WiFi and there's no issue. Sometimes I think there's just too much going on and things need to reset themselves.

So if you encounter a similar issue, give that a try.
iamthewinnar

Fri 13 Nov, 2009 05:20 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;884 wrote:
I don't know if this is a tip or a trick, but whatever:

I had an issue this morning while searching through the Mabilo Ringtone app. Basically, everything went black except for the notification bar. I was able to back out of the app, and when I went back, it wouldn't search. I had considered maybe reinstalling the app, so I went to the Market and I couldn't pull anything up. Went back to the Home screen and just hit an app (Maps). That wasn't working right, either.

So, I shut off my WiFi and switched to 3G. Everything was back to normal. I'm now back on WiFi and there's no issue. Sometimes I think there's just too much going on and things need to reset themselves.

So if you encounter a similar issue, give that a try.

You can also try closing some stuff with taskiller or another task manager app
0 Replies

cp22gear

Tue 17 Nov, 2009 10:48 am
@kbmagic,
there is an app called "backgrounds" that is pretty good. also there are apps that have specific types of backgrounds. for example, my background is an Audi rs4 that I got from a free audi pictures app.
0 Replies

jonhanaley

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 12:05 am
@kbmagic,
Are you interested in ringtones?
sontung177

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 02:07 am
@jonhanaley,
yess
0 Replies