The Chief

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 05:53 pm
@droid him,
Yeah 800 hot and 125 idle Smile
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 06:36 pm
@The Chief,
I'm running at 1ghz and my battery life has taken a hit. 8.5 hours and I just got my 15% warning. Granted, I've found it hard to put it down since rooting. Might scale back.
The Chief

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 07:41 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
So how are you liking BB? It's not what I thought it was going to be, but at least I didn't lose any data. 5 home screens make nice real estate, though. But I can't find HALF the features that they say it has! :confused:

Still trying to figure out where the 3D app drawer and wifi tethering is. Have you found them?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 11:54 pm
@The Chief,
I can't say I really knew what to expect in the first place. Ignorance is bliss, right? I like being able to overclock and not all roms had that ability. I don't think the 3D app drawer was in this version, but the 3D gallery is, as is the News and Weather Widget, and new music player. It did add the app IM , which I didn't have.

As far as wifi tethering, I believe its an extra step. In the link where I installed from included them there was another set of steps which I didn't do. Mostly cause I'm still not entirely sure what I could do w/ it (think I get what it is, though).

There are still other rom options, too. That Smoked Glass one I hear is comparable to Bugless Beast, and rootyourdroid.info plans on doing a guide on it.
The Chief

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 11:16 am
@YankeeDudeL,
I guess I really don't NEED wifi tethering. PDAnet works great, and charges the phone at the same time. I am quite happy with BB and look forward to the next update. All in all, worth the headache of trying to hack in and install it Smile
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 11:59 am
@The Chief,
Bugless Beast has added more 2.1 features!

It's still somewhat "buggy" according to another Android forum (but looks like it's been updated since the last few comments had been made). http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?t=2415&p=31688

This includes in the rom most of what we already had in 2.1 incarnations (i.e. 3D gallery, News and Weather Widget, etc) but also includes live wallpapers, static wallpapers (your guess is as good as mine), new wallpapers, default Droid "hidden" wallpaper (?), WIFI tethering, Voice Imput, HQ video recording, HQ YouTube by default, disable OTAs, Busybox, and Flash Image.

I have most of that already (thanks to rootyourdroid.info), but if I didn't it'd be awesome that it was all-in-one. And while the live wallpapers (and all the other wallpapers for that matter) are enticing, it still doesn't have the 3D app drawer I've been so coveting. B/c of all this I may hold off updating to this rom until all kinks are worked out or 2.1 officially releases, which ever comes first.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:02 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I also wanted to note that I've had much better battery life the past few days. I had much more normal (for me) usage after exploring what BB did for my Droid, and the battery life certainly reflected. Went 12 hours w/ decent use (including about 4 hours of music listening), and just yesterday went approximately 20 hours w/ basic use.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:04 pm
Bugless Beast 7.6 is now OUT and ready for download at http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=1553
The improvements include:
Removed some unnecessary files from Launcher.apk
-Added ALL of the sounds (ringones & notifications) from Cyanogen Mod for the Nexus One
-Changed the Alarm Clock app's icon to the 2.1 Desk Clock app icon
-New Kernel (8 Slots: 250, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000, 1100, 1200 MHz)
*Video Playback May Be Affected By High Clock Speeds*
-All SetCPU profiles are working properly
Looks like just minor housekeeping stuff, but an improvement nonetheless!
The Chief

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 05:03 pm
@The Chief,
NOW 7.7 is out! Geez, does Pete ever sleep? In addition to stable operation at 1.2GHz, it now has LIVE Wallpapers! Get it before the next update, which may be tomorrow! LOL
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:59 pm
Oh, look at that. Our old threads show up here. Well, that's one way to gain a lil street cred.

There's been an awful lot of updates to BB in the past week. It's become really hard to keep up w/ them. I'm currently running BB 0.4 w 1.25ghz OC patcher. I'm still getting used to it, so I'll let everyone know how it's going.
The Chief

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:13 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
So you went the 2.1 route? I couldn't bring myself to do a wipe so I went the 2.0.1. route and loaded BB1.1 and it is GORGEOUS. The only thing it doesn't do is OC but that's not a deal-breaker for me.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 01:15 am
@The Chief,
Yeah, it def tested my nerve to do it, but I went ahead. Wasn't quite pleased w/ it, and stupid me deleted my BB 7.9 nandroid backup. Had to go back to 7.6. After learning of AllDroid's Community devs ROM, I decided to give that a go. The rest you go in the PM.

I should state that the past few days have been a very bumpy road. I've made quite a few errors and started to better appreciate the learning curve that comes w/ rooting. But if I had installed the app that grants root access, I never would have gotten this far. I've had to do way too much dabbling w/ ADB. And I know I'm barely scratching the surface. But it has been kinda fun.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 06:26 pm
Here is a brainless, step-by-step guide to rooting your Droid and installing Bugless Beast 1.1... probably the closest to perfection we can get right now!

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/44390-stock-2-0-1-bugless-beast-rom-beginners.html

Until Flash 10.1 is released, this will make your Droid the most powerful (and beautiful) that is has ever been. Live Wallpapers ROCK!
0 Replies