Best primary School in North Sydney

max69

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:12 am
Hi I am looking to relocate from RSA with my 3 sons curent age 5, 9 and 11. What are the best private schools in North Sydney?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,658 • Replies: 7

oolongteasup

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 09:46 pm
@max69,
Quote:
curent

ask the safricans living in snives ( St Ives is the enclave where i assume you will camp)

and don't ask whether there's 'core porking' they are called car parks
max69

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:24 am
@oolongteasup,
I am actually an Australian living overseas you toss and have been out the country for a numbe years! If you cant add value dont comment.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:33 am
@max69,
I'm sorry that your first welcome reply is from some anti-immigrant dunderheaded response. I hope you don't hold this one jerk against the rest of the a2k community.

I wish I could help you with your question but I'm a resident of NYC. Hopefully, one of our delightfully helpful Aussies will drop by and give you a less racist and more helpful answer.

And welcome to a2k!
oolongteasup

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 02:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
your first welcome reply is from some anti-immigrant dunderheaded response

there is nothing "anti-immigrant" in my response

i assumed max was south african, i'm guessing the children are south african

north sydney is a suburb only so from the sounds of it max isn't from sydney

the south african community is centralised in st ives and would be the prime connection for insight into appropriate schools on the north shore let alone every other aspect of settling/ resettling

so contact the "south africans in australia community"
0 Replies

max69

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 02:37 pm
wrong again all the children are australian as well as my wife and I, we have been working and living abroad for a number of years, we used to live in north sydney hence the reference. having been out the country for a while we were hoping to get a view of the schools in NS from parents in the area, not friends or family with there agenda.
I thought this was forum where people posted advice and did not get stereo typed? Any real advice out there?
0 Replies

Calliope

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:35 pm
Oolong isn't racist - if you read some of his posts you'll see that he's equally offensive to everyone regardless of their ethnicity. But I suspect that he was trying to offer a genuine piece of advice in pointing you towards St Ives (which is a suburb in north Sydney if not precisely North Sydney).

The Australian government has started a rather controversial new website for people to get information and comparative academic ratings for specific schools or schools in a particular area. The website has its limitations - it certainly doesn't give a full picture of each school - but might be a starting point for you if you haven't already seen it.
Go to...
http://www.myschool.edu.au/

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 01:03 am
@Calliope,
max you should talk to local parents however this may be worth considering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Church_of_England_Grammar_School

calliope thats enuf of your racy amusement youve runed it for me with the guys here so its longfellow for you

runes were upon his tongue, as on the warrior's sword
0 Replies