Why people have fears? What's the best way to deal with fears?

zhjuan

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 09:12 pm
Why people have fears? What's the best way to deal with fears?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,868 • Replies: 10
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by zhjuan
Cyracuz
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 11:18 am
@zhjuan,
You mean like phobia?
Afraid of the water, go swimming. Afraid of the dark, turn off the light. If you are afraid of sharks... stay away from them!
zhjuan

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 05:49 am
@Cyracuz,
Not at all. I am afraid of making the wrong decisions all the time and after making a decision I am quite sure is right, I still spend lots time worry about the decision that was made will go wrong on me as a result, my life will fall apart. I have no problem making the deciding the decision, but often regret or worry about the consequences it may bring, even-though some of them, I was quite sure was the right one.
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 09:33 am
@zhjuan,
Well, if you don't know where you wanna go it doesn't matter wether you turn left or right.
Sounds to me like you need to know the end goal. From there, make the choices based on which choice gets you to where you want to go. It's not always about knowing your options. That may count for nothing if you do not know yourself.
zhjuan

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:14 pm
@Cyracuz,
How to get to know yourself?
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 01:23 pm
@zhjuan,
Make choices and be aware of how they change you.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 02:10 pm
@zhjuan,
Actions follow thought - so, what are you thinking about? If you are constantly worrying, how are you making decisions? You are not making decisions because you are thinking already you'll make the wrong decision, so any decision you make is going to be 'wrong.' What you think about you draw to you. We have to plan our lives, start being aware of what you are thinking.

This fear you think you have, you are causing by your negative thoughts. Yes, get to know yourself. Start a journal, write your goals, plans, for the day followed by an affirmation. Fear, actually, is the opposite of love. When you feel fear, think about a time when you were happy, confident, loving something or someone. Try to generate that feeling, not just the thought but feel how you felt during that time, transfer that feeling to a decision you must make. Make a split second decision and move on.

Helps to study books on meditation (controlling your thoughts) or take a class. If you don't know what to do, ask yourself. There is no authority out there, zhjuan. You are your own authority. You are an incredible being and can create your own life, do whatever it is you think about. Write down your goal, then how you will get there, but don't dwell on it.

zhjuan

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 05:57 am
@Pemerson,
I am really touched...
Thank You.
Pemerson

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 01:53 pm
@zhjuan,
You have several threads going here. You're getting good advice. Hope you're feeling better.

You are seeing a therapist for two years now? You are an artist? You know something? People who accomplish much often have tough, difficult childhoods. This stuff is like a dark cloud between you and your true self. Tell it to MOVE, think of something else. Do something you love, something physical like walking, gardening. I played tennis, rode horses, exercised in a gym, taught Yoga. These feelings don't really go away, we just get used to living with them. Ignore the thoughts before they become feelings.

And, yes, laugh at yourself.
zhjuan

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 01:59 pm
@Pemerson,
Cheers Wink.
0 Replies

yeilyn32

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 08:23 pm
@zhjuan,
Best way to deal with fears is to get it done and over with
Face it and take control
and you'll be satisfied with what you accomplished =D