Please save my sanity!!

andrewcarlin

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:33 pm
kev!!!!!!!!!
I'm 15 years old and it took me 17 minutes to work out this riddle!
Obviously your intelligence is not as developed as mine.
I feel if you were intelligent enough you could have figured it out without having to ask for an explaination from paddyp.
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 06:12 pm
YOU DID. YOU ASKED HIM TO EXPLAIN HOW HE GOT THE ANSWER!
I.E "WHAT MADE IT SO OBVIOUS?.... I AWAIT YOUR EXPLANATION
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 06:21 pm
Sorry Andrew I edited that post to make myself clearer. I didn't know you had already replied to it.

OK lets start again,

Tell us using your superior intelligence how you and paddyp arrived at the answer to this riddle, BUT SPELL IT OUT for the rest of us that dont have your I.Q.

Let me remind you of the riddle:

I was laid by the buzzard
hatched by the sun
mother and father I had none
I spoke my first word
and never spoke again
who (or what am I)

Please tell us STEP by STEP
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 06:33 pm
No need to apologise KEV!
I never actually stated my intelligence was superior!
Dont jump to conclusions. Although they are often correct!
I was saying why are you asking paddyp for an explaination!
Surely if you are so keen you will do some research and then you will be able to explain it too!
Good day sir.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 06:46 pm
andrewcarlin wrote:
No need to apologise KEV!
I never actually stated my intelligence was superior!
Dont jump to conclusions. Although they are often correct!
I was saying why are you asking paddyp for an explaination!
Surely if you are so keen you will do some research and then you will be able to explain it too!
Good day sir.

No Andrew. what you said was that you were 15 years old and it took you only 17 minutes to solve this riddle, you also stated that my intelligence was not as developed as yours, so I ask you again to please explain to us mere mortals how you arrived at your conclusion

Or are we to assume that you are as big a bullshit merchant as PaddyP, who also cannot explain himself?
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 06:55 pm
Kev!!!!!!!
I've already told you
RESEARCH
I came to my conclusion by Researching. Kev... a clue
think about each words origins i.e BUZZARD.... DISCOVERY...CHARLES DARWIN. In this riddle you are thinking in a more literal frame of mind...okk.
Now come back to me when you have DISCOVERED the Explaination of this simple riddle.
p.s i didnt say my intelligence was superior i simply said it was more developed than yours. Therefore your intelligence in not as "good" as mine.lol oh and i believe that i am a mere mortal too!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 07:05 pm
yy
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 11:38 am
LMAO at Kev!!!!!!!!!!
ur r a sadistic loser
i aint goin to argue with you nemore!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 12:16 pm
andrew, either put up, or shut up (be a paddyp) my guess is that you will shut up because you have nothing to say.

PROVE ME WRONG
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 12:26 pm
Butterfly
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 06:41 pm
wot is it u want to know??
i'll tell you. On one condition!

1. GET A LIFE

p.s . answer my other riddle!!!
its called:::: " Riddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:24 am
Andrew, all I ask of you is that you post your answer to the riddle, so that the rest of us can say aye or nay to your interpretation of it.

If my forthright yorkshire way of saying things offended you I apologise, sometimes the written word, without the benefit of eye contact, body language, etc., can easily be misinterpreted. No offence was intended, however the bottom line remains the same: either put up or shut up.
0 Replies

paddyp

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 10:59 am
Kev - you're taking this to heart aren't you.

You said "If you have ever seen Sir David attenborough's nature documentaries you will know that all turtle eggs hatch on the same night of the year when tens of thousands of baby turtles make a dash for the sea and safety,to be hotly pursued by flocks of birds who on this night have a banquet. So to sum up: BABY TURTLE"

If anyone can find a reference to buzzards eating baby turtles on the internet then please post the url.

I came to the conclusion that the answer was a tortoise because there is a reference on the internet and in a book. It also sounds like one of the old Lewis Carrol riddles in the way it is written. I assume the riddle is quite an old one. People don't tend to watch nature documentaries and then sit down and make up riddles. Alot of riddles are based on classic literature.

How did you come by your turtle answer - was it simply the documentary you saw? Where do buzzards fit in (aside from being birds - and some birds eat turtles)? Come on Kev - you do alot of talking and not alot of it makes sense.
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 03:39 pm
Kev apoligie accepted. i believe paddyp has answered your question. As paddyp first introduced me to the riddle i'm sure you will have no doubt in believing me that i completly understand the riddle, and also worked it out in 17 minutes with no help. Just plain and simple hard work
no hard feeling m8!
0 Replies

sweetypete

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:47 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Butterfly

Are you suggesting this as an alternative answer to the riddle? If so, explain please. Thanks. :wink:
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 07:38 pm
BUZZARD...DISCOVERY...CHARLES DARWIN ???? How the hell did either Paddyp or Seancarlin come up with this leap of logic? (Or is my intellect not developed enough to understand?)

Buzzard: any of various usually large birds of prey (as the turkey vulture)
Thats according to Merriam-Webster.
There are MANY references to large birds of prey eating turtle hatchlings.

To sum up:
I think Kev was right and the answer is a baby turtle.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 07:39 pm
Andrew/paddy, I feel silly that I took you seriously, I now realise that you are just kidding, it's embarrassing for me that it took me so long to get there. Nice gag boys.
0 Replies

andrewcarlin

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:17 am
Kev the answer is a baby tortoise!
I believe that is the answer which i produced as well as paddyp and seancarlin! I'm not wrong you where also right. But u asked for an explaination!
0 Replies

paddyp

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:13 am
yawn!!!!!
0 Replies

paddyp

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:15 am
i agree with you andrew. Pity these lot have no imagination.....lol
0 Replies