What's report? I've only just seen it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,197 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:53 am
If you click on it, a form will come up for reporting the post you clicked on to the moderators. A copy of the post you are reporting is included and there is space for you to make a comment.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:54 am
Dinky-di in't? I was waaaay curious when I saw it...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:57 am
I assume this is to report posts that you think break to TOS?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:04 am
I just saw it too. That seems like a very helpful tool for moderators and users who want to report something.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:11 am
Wilso wrote:
I assume this is to report posts that you think break to TOS?

Yes.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:17 am
I should make my resolution never to have one reported. Now THAT would be a change. I'm far too emotional at times.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:24 am
One needs to differientiate between an actual breach of the TOS, and a subjective emotional reaction to a post. When in doubt, I would suggest that a member reread the TOS before reporting.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:26 am
To facilitate that, it might be a good idea to have a link to the TOS text on the report form.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:25 am
I just noticed the option. Something seems to be missing. Did we lose the chance to edit our own posts.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:49 am
You can still edit your own posts, and you can delete your own posts so long as they haven't been responded to.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:42 pm
No - the edit button has disappeared.

???????????
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:44 pm
Hmmmm - it is there on my last post - (along with delete) - but not on any other posts. Hmmmmmm.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:45 pm
No - it is there....on all of mine.....blush......dammit....slinks off....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:05 pm
I see 'em all ... remember, you can't delete a post once its been replied to ... and, I think (could be wrong... I'd have to check that to be certain) that members can't edit or delete on some administration-related threads.

Anyhow, the long-awaited "Report this post" feature is finally here, and is very automatic. While I do sorta like roger's idea of a link to the TOS on the report form, I frankly suspect it wouldn't have much effect one way or the other ... those most likely to benefit from such advice and assistance are precisely those least likely to avail themselves of same no matter how conveniently presented to them.

There's no need to quote the post in question; that is done automatically. If you wish to comment, there is a box in which you can do so, but it is not always, or likely even frequently, necessary for you to do so. The post in question, and its context, WILL be reviewed. As with any other feature, of course, "Report" is gonna be subject to abuse. Trust me; provision has been made to deal with that eventuality should and when it arise. No one will have much opportunity to employ it irresponsibly. The very reason its there is to ensure that folks who wish to engage one another in a civil, adult, responsible manner be given every opportunity to do so, while those disinclined to participate in such fashion may expect to find their privileges to do here on A2K impaired pretty much in proportion to their demonstrated disregard of the principle.

Enjoy.
0 Replies