how to edit able2know user name?

zhjuan

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:23 pm
how to edit able2know user name?

Seed

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:46 pm
@zhjuan,
Simply. You don't. You are not able to edit it.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 06:47 pm
@zhjuan,
Use the contact us form in the footer to request a username change. But pick carefully, it's only done once per account.
zhjuan

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:57 am
@Robert Gentel,
Dose it usually take a while for web masters to process a ticket?
dadpad

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 07:17 am
@zhjuan,
site administrators are usually very prompt however there has been a large amount of maintenance work hapening behind the scenes.
Your call is important to us.
press 1 if you want to change your username
press 2 if you are an existing member
press 3 if you know someone important
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 07:17 am
@zhjuan,
I don't know about others, but it can take me some time when I'm busy.
zhjuan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 04:47 pm
@Robert Gentel,
it works!!!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:02 pm
@zhjuan,
And so, zhjuan, welcome to a2k!
zhjuan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:21 pm
@ossobuco,
I am so happy the issue is solved. I googled a solution to it before and couldn't get a solution, so I created another account to ask "the question", I got it. I am so happy. This is a great site for ask questions so I am trying to get the best out of it.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:42 pm
@zhjuan,
The person who answered you is the site developer. He's busy but tries to attend to how the site works when he can. We have what we call hamsters here, to help, and they are found at the link you did use - the contact us link -
http://support.able2know.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

That is usually seen by the hamsters more quickly than a new thread about some aspect of the forum. Even if you start a thread on a problem, it is smart to use the contact us link first.

Where are you from, Zhjuan? you don't have to be precise in your answer. I am from the u.s.a., from the state of New Mexico. It snowed here today...
zhjuan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:52 pm
@ossobuco,
How lovely. I am originally from Taiwan but now live in Ireland. I love Ireland mainly because of Irish people's charm. It is true that Irish are the happiest people in the world, statistics shows. The wether here is often horrible but the people are fabulous.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:25 pm
@zhjuan,
I'm of irish descent. My life in New Mexico is relatively new, and where I last lived is very much more like Ireland than here. In fact, an Irish shop did quite a good business, and the clothing they sold fit with our area - but was expensive. I am speaking of a northern california coast by Humboldt Bay.

I would be very interested in your impressions of Ireland and I would bet many other a2kers would be interested.

I should tell you of two irish a2k posters - Lmur, a gentleman, and Heeven, a wonderfully outspoken lady who is from Ireland but lives in Massachusetts. Setanta, a long time poster here who knows a lot about history, lived in Ireland for a while. So did or does Kara, but she doesn't post very often. When she does, she is well worth listening to.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Zhjuan, you can look up people by clicking on their username, which will bring you to their profile. Or, if you don't immediately see their username, you can put it in the small window on the upper right for "google custom search" and click on the links there.

0 Replies

tinabing

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 07:17 am
@Robert Gentel,
I want to edit my usename too.
Please help me quickly.
It is really really important for me!
Please.
Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 07:27 am
@tinabing,
You need to read the prior posts here on the thread. You can't change your user name.

All you can do if you have a problem is send a message to at the bottom of the interface (on the right) where it is written : able2know > contact us

Tech support is not manned on a full time basis so be patient. However, be aware they cannot change your username.
0 Replies