HELP! Please help the RiddleMAster! HELP ME WITH THIS:

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 01:20 pm
OK, Here is the Riddle I am trying to figure out. any help would be wonderful. send any hints to my e-mail, [email protected]

-
This law applies to every individual on Earth, but those that break it have little chance of landing in Jail. Name the law, and it's orgin.

- Please anyone know, I am sure the language "Landing" is a clue, what does everyone think
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,117 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 01:52 pm
I've decided today not to help teenagers who act like they are drowning when making a simple, non-lifethreatening request.

"Selling the Drama" <-- doesn't work. Capital letters and dire proclamations are only attractive to the person using it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 02:26 pm
But just to be nice I'll help anyway. ;-)

Answer: Gravity

Next time please spare us the drama. I was actually so off put by it that I wasn;t going to answer.

BTW, the riddle is wrong.
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:04 pm
geez Craven, that was mean, but the only reason I checked this riddle out was because you answered it and no, this is not some kiss ass drama from the riddler, and man riddle master, get a name without "riddle" on it, it was my name first!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:53 pm
Wasn't mean riddler, in many forums teenagers who do the "HELP MEEEE" scream thing are ignored.

It's not just because it's rude to cry wolf but because they are shooting themselves in the foot. If they use informative titles people will find and answer the question in a search. Nobody is searching for 'HELP ME'.

If people are less dire when asking for help it gets help more often than not. That is a fact lost on many forum users.
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:42 pm
point taken and you're nice anyway when answering riddles. later
0 Replies

JoeNamath

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 04:21 pm
yeah it was mean
yeah it was mean---almost 1500 posts what you got nothin else to do in ur life but be steriotypical bout teenagers--
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 10:19 pm
is JoeNamath another teenager? do you not know who Craven de Kere is?!?!?!?!? Lay off the dude, he started this forum and in San Diego there is free speech ya know and btw, this is the internet, anything goes.
0 Replies

laura nav nedu

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 11:24 am
Hi Craven,

Quote:
BTW, the riddle is wrong.

Can you explain or tell us what the riddle should have been?

Laura
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 01:09 pm
Oh, I didn't mean it that way. I'd not seen this one before and don't know a "right" version.

I said it's wrong because the popular notion of "breaking" the law of gravity doesn't exist. This is well understood withing the scientific community and for every nay sayer like Eugene Podkletnov I can raise you an Einstein but for us laymen this figure of speech has entered widespread use.

Basically, you can't "break" the law of gravity and the teories about this don't have anything to do with landing. The law of gravity is about gravitational attraction and not really about falling. Fighting the gravitation isn;t breaking the law, it's simply fighting the gravitation.
0 Replies