PCG-F250

serboy

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 12:36 pm
I need a Recovery CD for Sony PCG-F250 Laptop. "windows 98" Any way I can buy it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,003 • Replies: 6
No top replies

serboy

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 01:04 pm
When I start computer, it doesent event boot up. Its just says "A fatal exception OE has occurred at 015F:FF91CB9. The current application will be teminated" I have no idea what it is...Can you help me?

Thanks
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 01:20 pm
serboy- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Sorry that you are having this problem. We have a number of computer gurus here, and I am sure that one of them will come up with an answer for you!
0 Replies

USAFHokie

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 10:10 pm
An exception is caused when a program does something it is not supposed to. Usually there are safety mechanisms built in to detect and correct these, but apparently not in your case. I imagine that you installed some sort of software prior to this happening, as there is no reason that it would happen all-of-a-sudden. In any case, to get the message before boot up would mean that a) you tried to flash your bios with new firmware, and it failed or b) you somehow screwed up the operating system. If you did flash the bios and it failed, I would try to get an older version of the firmware and flash it again or contact Sony about it. If you installed or upgraded or otherwise made ANY change to the operating system, more than likely, you'll have to reinstall it completely. Sorry bout the luck.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 11:08 pm
Have you tried contacting Sony Customer Service and buying directly from them? I have an Acer that is pretty much useless because of a missing recovery disk. Acer did refer me on to someone else, but has it was a backup computer I didn't pursue it. Try contacting Sony, or your local Sony Service Center, and see if they have anything. Did you try googling for it? That might work, too.
0 Replies

serboy

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:53 pm
I tried to install WINDOWS XP PRO and the system just stoped working. From then on , I am just getting that massage and comp doesn't want to boot up at all.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 01:09 am
Could be bad RAM. If you RAM is even slightly flawed, it can hose the installation of 2000 or XP. You might want to try and get a new memory stick and install it, while removing the old one. Presuming the new memory is good, you shouldn't have a problem.

You could try reinstalling XPPro. This sometimes work, but I've only seen it work rarely. I'd try buy the recovery disk from Sony, and just use 98SE or whatevers OEM on it. As good as XPPro is, it might not be good for your system. Did you run the compatibility wizard first? Did your system check out?
0 Replies