Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 09:03 pm
Of course as Avatar makes its inevitable way to stealing Titanic's position as king of the Box Office hill, one must face the irrevocable sequel.

What direction (story wise/plot wise) will James Cameron take this behemoth next?

Avatar 2: 4D? Avatar 2: Wrath of the Smurfs? Avatar 2: Attack of the Clones? Avatar and Avatarer? Son of the Avatar?

I have a great idea for the next storyline:

All you have to do is CGI the Pandora landscape and flora into this clip and you have the perfect sequel the original deserves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 8,153 • Replies: 33
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 09:09 pm
It always amuses me to see films claim they have taken #1 (or 2 or 3) based on the box office dollars. ie highest grossing box office of all time, and made more than XXX million dollars.
theater prices rise each year so its inevitable that sometime a movie will come along that out grosses the one made 10 years ago.

Bums on seats would be interesting.
Seed

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 09:40 pm
from some things I have heard/read the Avatar trilogy is supposed to be kind of a Star Wars theme. As in Avatar was Return of the Jedi, and Avatar 2 is going to be some what The Empire Strikes Back kinda deal. So I see the militants coming back and taking over a bit.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:07 pm
@Seed,
So are you implying that after the second sequel will be made to finish the trilogy, then James Cameron will make a prequel trilogy which will far worse then the original trilogy. And it will include Jar Jar Binks as well?! Shocked
Seed

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
hey I'm not implying anything. I'm just seeing trends where trends happen to be.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:14 pm
life on pandora faces a challenge that demands a technical solution. Because awa now knows the human soul awa trust humans to help the Na'vi save pandora, and thus through some communication channel that dates back to the mining of Unobtanium the Na'vi ask for assistance. Together the humans and the Na'vi save pandora. The humans help out of guilt for what they did to Pandora earlier.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:16 pm
@Seed,
Quote:
hey I'm not implying anything. I'm just seeing trends where trends happen to be.

You wouldn't happen to be Demetri Martin , former Daily Show correspondent...?
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-february-28-2008/trendspotting---youthquake
Seed

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Nope, sure aren't.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:20 pm
The real question that needs to be answered is how will they resurrect Sigourney Weaver's character so she'll be in the inevitable sequels?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
The real question that needs to be answered is how will they resurrect Sigourney Weaver's character so she'll be in the inevitable sequels
Awa rebirths her avatar.
husker

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wR6AKM5mGc
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
she becomes part of awa no need to be reborn.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Or like in Alien: Resurrection (1997), the Company finds the remains of Dr. Grace Augustine and clones her back into the storyline.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:32 pm
@Seed,
Quote:
she becomes part of awa no need to be reborn

how do you figure? She needs to be reborn so that weaver can be in the film.
Seed

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
it's a sci fi film. What makes you say that? If awa is in all things, and Weaver is in awa then can she not be in all things? Can she not communicate with the rest of the nav'i just as awa communicates? The fact that Weaver's character was once human, it would mean that she/awa would understand more of what is happening. will happen, which can make awa a more intractable character in the next film.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:45 pm
@Seed,
that would get you the voice of weaver on the screen, not a body. We need to SEE her in action.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 11:01 pm
Quote:
Sam Worthington Hoping for a More Sexist Avatar 2
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/01/sam_worthington.html?mid=agenda--20100114#ixzz0cecNeoaN
Jake should have abused his avatar and be fat and unfit and demand Neyteri to get him a beer.

"Sam Worthington's idea for an Avatar sequel.
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/01/sam_worthington.html?mid=agenda--20100114
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 02:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Why the need to see her? Why the need for her to be tangible? I think that she would be a much better character and would be much better for her story line if she was part of awa
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 02:46 pm
@Seed,
You make an excellent point regarding the possible character based substoryline but you seem to forget that Sigourney Weaver is a big time A list celebrity. Not to have any actual face time in the next big blockbuster sequel just might not cut it in terms of her ego.

Perhaps she can visit the other characters in their dreams so the audience can see her and her famous radiant smile.
Seed

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 02:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's like you guys forget it's a sci fi film. There are many ways that she could get "face time". If is she part awa there are many ways that she can get her face time. Anything from the wildlife, nature, and yes, as Hawk even said, rebirthing her in nav'i form.
0 Replies