Bloody Sunday

yeahman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 12:58 am
anybody see this? i never even heard of it until i saw it today at blockbuster. they had 1 copy and it was in vhs only. i was actually very impressed by it.

it's about bloody sunday, 1/30/72, when a catholic civil rights march in northern ireland was gunned down by the british.

the film is made in a semi-documentary-style. i found it annoying at first, mainly because the dialog was unintelligible. but halfway into the movie, i saw just how much it added to the realism.

after watching braveheart, the patriot, and now bloody sunday, i wanna go out and kick some british ass. who's with me?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 691 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 02:07 am
It's available on Amazon in DVD if anyone wishes to read what it is about. Looks to have received good reviews from other shoppers.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 11:11 am
The only thing "The Patriot" made me want to do is take away Mel's acting license. Undoubtedly his most contrived and cartoonish performance unless you want to give "Signs" that credit.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 09:26 pm
yeah the patriot was pretty bad. not that the acting was bad. it was just so generic.

i don't usually get emotional during films but i did watching bloody sunday. there's no background music, no slow motion, and the whole movie is about 24 hours in 1972. the drama comes from the realism of the semi-documentary style that it was shot in.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 09:39 pm
Bloody Sunday was awesome....we own the DVD and the original book the movie was based on. It is worth a read.
0 Replies