[answered]INCREASE IN NUMBER OF REPLIES TO OLD TOPICS

Charli

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:17 pm
Does the number of replies increase in old topics because they are called up via Internet search engines? From time to time, I check a May 25, 2003, topic of mine to see how many more replies have been added. It would seem probable that they don't come from A2K-ers who have logged into the A2K site. I'm happy that people are looking at this worthwhile topic, whoever they are! Comments please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,582 • Replies: 3
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:46 pm
Sometimes new members come in from outside. Sometimes old members get to exploring in corners they haven't been in for a while. Also, before posting I often search a subject to see if there is already a thread out there on the subject. If there is I post to it.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:45 pm
Re: INCREASE IN NUMBER OF REPLIES TO OLD TOPICS
Charli wrote:
Does the number of replies increase in old topics because they are called up via Internet search engines?

Certainly, and that's the biggest reason for increasing views on most old topics (google indexes new pages every several weeks). 10's of thousands of people (or maybe more?) find a2k every day through search engines. The vast majority find what they were looking for and move on.

Take a look at this thread: Black Eyed Peas Where is the Love? lyrics. At the moment it's gotten 14 posts and 35748 views (only a tiny minority came from a2k members)
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 08:03 pm
A-HA!!!
Thanks, littlek and Monger, for your responses. I kinda "guessed" that many hits were coming from the outside. I didn't realize about the insiders searching the site. Probably because I've not tried doing that very much . . . and I should. Before putting up a new topic anyway. I am glad to see people are viewing the material - whether they are responding or not. It's the reason for being here. Thanks again! :-)
0 Replies