Best game?

mithie

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 08:17 am
Without a second of contest:

Planescape: Torment

^ That's a game that will leave you breathless. (It got me into writing!! )

Second place, without dispute:

Baldur's Gate II

These ride the thin border between video gaming and ART.
0 Replies

idcputsomething

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:02 pm
dude halo is the best game...but it gets boring when ur too good at it and its not challenging anymore...but its still definintly the best
0 Replies

mithie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:42 am
idcputsomething wrote:
dude halo is the best game...but it gets boring when ur too good at it and its not challenging anymore...but its still definintly the best

Halo is good, but far, far, FAR from the best game. Halo is one of those new generation first person shooters that tries to incorporate a storyline into its action, but let's face it, the plot sucks.

The writing is bland, giving less than adequate background to the Halo universe. The main character feels like what he is: a robot. My marine allies (including the captain) all felt like clones. I really couldn't find the heart to care once my marines started dropping like flies. The enemies felt characterless also. Wow, look, another one of those mumbling little things. Boom, dead. The level design is by far the worst aspect of the game. It seems like the creators ran out of creativity half way through the game when they forced the player (me) to run through identical levels of identical boredom (library, anyone?)

The multiplayer is where it really shines, but being such an un-mod-friendly game, you're stuck with what the developers give you, with no room to create your own variations.

I don't know, maybe I've been spoiled by gaming greats like Chris Avalone, J.E. Sawyer, Peter Molyneux, and just about everyone at Bethsoft who really developes their games not to cram as much action and gunfire as possible but to dwell on the characters and the world, making both come alive to immerse you in their details.

I can't remember a single character from Halo that made any sort of impression.

Halo, 8 stars out of 10.
0 Replies

Solon

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:30 pm
The Halo companion books are really good.

*Holds up flameproof shield*
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 04:33 pm
Im just ancient

I like Raiden and 1943...those games where you get tons of crap thrown at you to destroy.

Good hand eye coordination stuff...
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 08:58 am
Not multiplayer
I have never yet played a multiplayer game, so the game I have liked best was a single player space game called "The Daedalus Encounter".

It is an interactive video movie in which you play as a robot that interacts with the real actors Tia Carrere and Christian Bocher in a space adventure with many puzzles and little violence.
0 Replies

StarPro Elite

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 04:58 pm
boy the best game ever.. thats a tuff one would have to go with
-final fantasy 7
-starcraft
-unreal turnament
those would be my top three
0 Replies