We sought it here, we sought it there...but no G Spot, dammit.

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:10 pm
At least according to this study:

Quote:
January 3, 2010
What an anti-climax: G-spot is a myth

While 56% of women overall claimed to have a G-spot, they tended to be younger and more sexually active
Lois Rogers

A sexual quest that has for years baffled millions of women " and men " may have been in vain. A study by British scientists has found that the mysterious G-spot, the sexual pleasure zone said to be possessed by some women but denied to others, may not exist at all.

The scientists at King’s College London who carried out the study claim there is no evidence for the existence of the G-spot " supposedly a cluster of internal nerve endings " outside the imagination of women influenced by magazines and sex therapists. They reached their conclusions after a survey of more than 1,800 British women.

“Women may argue that having a G-spot is due to diet or exercise, but in fact it is virtually impossible to find real traits,” said Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology, who co-authored the research. “This is by far the biggest study ever carried out and it shows fairly conclusively that the idea of a G-spot is subjective.”

In the research, 1,804 British women aged 23-83 answered questionnaires. All were pairs of identical or non-identical twins. Identical twins share all their genes, while non-identical pairs share 50% of theirs. If one identical twin reported having a G-spot, this would make it far more likely that her sister would give the same answer. But no such pattern emerged, suggesting the G-spot is a matter of the woman’s subjective opinion.

While 56% of women overall claimed to have a G-spot, they tended to be younger and more sexually active. Identical twins were no more likely to share the characteristic than non-identical twins.

Andrea Burri, who led the research, said she was anxious to remove feelings of “inadequacy or underachievement” that might affect women who feared they lacked a G-spot...............

Full article here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6973971.ece

(Interestingly, there is a link on the page leading to a Feb 2008 claim that an Italian scientist might have fouind the thing: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article3406113.ece )

Well, say what they may about there being one.....the search was fun.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:12 pm
@dlowan,
(giggles)
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:13 pm
@ossobuco,
So...we're gonna take this lying down, eh?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:14 pm
@dlowan,
its a little bit to the right I think....

Wink
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:15 pm
Geee!!

Spot on..
0 Replies

husker

anything about squiters?
dlowan

@dlowan,
We demand a recount!!! Were there chads involved?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:17 pm
@dlowan,
I've never liked the name Chad..
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Quite.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 04:28 pm
And I was so looking forward to the quest . . .
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 04:45 pm
@dlowan,
I suspect their methodology. While the study was conducted on twins, a questionnaire is still subjective, and subject to differences in the sexual experiences of the responders.

What they really need is an active study....
Mame

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
@DrewDad,
Ahem!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 05:12 pm
Quote:
Andrea Burri, who led the research, said she was anxious to remove feelings of “inadequacy or underachievement” that might affect women who feared they lacked a G-spot

What does this mean? (Sounds like an expression of bias to me.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 05:25 pm
@dlowan,
I am very dubious of these results. Seriously. I'd thumb my nose at them if noses existed.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 05:27 pm
@patiodog,
OF course, noses don't exist and I have proof that my thesis is true....
http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/theremoteisland/2009/02/south_park_guitar_queer-o.jpg
You see any noses in this photograph? Ergo there are no such things as noses.
patiodog

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 05:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
But neither is Graffenberg's blemish in evidence, damn it.
0 Replies

Look of Disapproval

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 07:28 pm
@husker,
ಠ_ಠ
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 07:34 pm
@patiodog,
Sounds good to me.

You've got one hell of a nose to thumb, too.

Frankly, I feel cheated.

I woke up this morning with a possible G spot possibly in situ.......and now I have been told I have nothing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 07:35 pm
@DrewDad,
Yeah, yeah...and we all know you are volunteering to take one for the team.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:36 pm
great.

NOW how am i gonna have sex?

I dont have a spot?
christ on a cracker

1. Forums
  2. » We sought it here, we sought it there...but no G Spot, dammit.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:50:08